Notifications
Clear all

Anyone on yasmin who got a first initial bad breakout but then cleared up??!

MemberMember
(@goddamnspots)

Posted : 05/02/2007 4:05 pm

my doctor prescribed me the yasmin birth control pill and so far (im starting my 7 pill free days tomorrow so been on it for 3 weeks so far) i have experienced moodiness, my friends in particular have commented on how snappy i am and in general i get quite emotional about silly things! but getting down to the nitty gritty... has it worked wonders for my skin?... not yet, if anything, its made it worse. I remember the day i went to see my doctor to get the yasmin pill and she commented on how my skin was looking much better (i had no active spots at all just a little bit of bumpiness and slight redness but thats all, i wish i could go back to that day now!!) but i insisted on giving it a try, i reget it now, most of the right side of my face has erupted in spots. This is unusual for me, i usually get a couple of spots but now a mass breakout and am getting a couple of cysts... now im really unsure whether i should carry on with the remaining 2 packs after my period, but really don't want the skin hassle if its going to cause me to break out again, im meant to be going on holiday may 10th and wanted clearish skin!:(:( .However, i have started dans regimen a little less than 2 weeks ago so i thinking maybe the breakout may be related to the extra BP "flushing" my skin??? Im not sure... the spots are clearing a little but the entire right side of my face is red with the spots that are fading... and still a little bumpy. Argh im very unsure of what to do at the moment but the main reason i took yasmin was for my skin, the birth control issue isn't such a problem though. So obviously if its the pill thats causing the skin problems i want to stop, im pretty sure it is but then again i dont if its just an initial breakout and i should stick with it. I jsut wanted to be clear as possible when i go on holiday with my BF god damn it! sorry for the rant but im kinda wishing i didnt go on yasmin now.

If anyone could give me a little advice or fill me in on their experience with yasmin would be much appreciated.

MemberMember
(@sufferinginpa)

Posted : 05/23/2007 11:23 am

I've been on it just a few days less than you. I'm dealing w/ a yucky breakout right now but keep in mind, the active papules/pustules you have now very likely were rooted before you started the pill. My derm told me that pustules start forming 2-6 weeks before you actually see them. My skin is pretty much the same as it was only more dry. I haven't had any of those side effects with Yasmine but I'm VERY careful about my weight due to an anxiety med I take that makes you gain weight just by breathing. Hang in there! I'm with you with the frustration but I'm trying to keep an open mind. I don't use a regimen at all b/c BP makes my skin red and irritated.

hang in there and we'll get through the next two months of 'waiting' together! :)

MemberMember
(@liv)

Posted : 05/26/2007 8:37 pm

Hey....I'm on diane, which has similar effects to Yasmin, and I broke out quite badly for the first few months. After about 4 months, I started clearing. It's frustrating, but hang in there, and you will clear. Goodluck.

MemberMember
(@jenna86)

Posted : 05/27/2007 11:24 pm

I'm about to start my 3rd week of Yasmin and I'm having a bad breakout right now. I am just praying this will work!!!

MemberMember
(@cheesemonkey)

Posted : 05/28/2007 11:22 am

I'm 80 days on Yasmin and my skin is the nicest it has been in a long, long time. Not perfect but at least not grossly broken out. But I also took a short course of Doxycycline and Roaccutane to hasten things along a little.

I started seeing good improvements only after I finished my course of antibiotics and Roaccutane. Yasmin helped regulate oil and periods, most importantly for me.

It also depends on what acne you've got. It is only recently I realised my acne were mostly inflammatory acne, so Yasmin only helped minimally and in fact, may have added to my misery in early days. So take with caution!

You should see results, however minimal, by your third or fourth pack.

MemberMember
(@bella_b)

Posted : 05/30/2007 10:42 pm

I was on Yasmin twice, for a couple years each time. I've been off the pill now for over a year. Each time I went on Yasmin, it was to control acne. My acne got very bad for about 3 months and then my skin cleared up. Good luck.

my doctor prescribed me the yasmin birth control pill and so far (im starting my 7 pill free days tomorrow so been on it for 3 weeks so far) i have experienced moodiness, my friends in particular have commented on how snappy i am and in general i get quite emotional about silly things! but getting down to the nitty gritty... has it worked wonders for my skin?... not yet, if anything, its made it worse. I remember the day i went to see my doctor to get the yasmin pill and she commented on how my skin was looking much better (i had no active spots at all just a little bit of bumpiness and slight redness but thats all, i wish i could go back to that day now!!) but i insisted on giving it a try, i reget it now, most of the right side of my face has erupted in spots. This is unusual for me, i usually get a couple of spots but now a mass breakout and am getting a couple of cysts... now im really unsure whether i should carry on with the remaining 2 packs after my period, but really don't want the skin hassle if its going to cause me to break out again, im meant to be going on holiday may 10th and wanted clearish skin!:(:( .However, i have started dans regimen a little less than 2 weeks ago so i thinking maybe the breakout may be related to the extra BP "flushing" my skin??? Im not sure... the spots are clearing a little but the entire right side of my face is red with the spots that are fading... and still a little bumpy. Argh im very unsure of what to do at the moment but the main reason i took yasmin was for my skin, the birth control issue isn't such a problem though. So obviously if its the pill thats causing the skin problems i want to stop, im pretty sure it is but then again i dont if its just an initial breakout and i should stick with it. I jsut wanted to be clear as possible when i go on holiday with my BF god damn it! sorry for the rant but im kinda wishing i didnt go on yasmin now.

If anyone could give me a little advice or fill me in on their experience with yasmin would be much appreciated.

MemberMember
(@mandy-ann)

Posted : 05/30/2007 10:53 pm

Has anyone else gotten a huge increase of appetite being on Yasmin or Yaz? I swear, Yaz has made me drop water weight... but I keep tearing apart my kitchen and eating everything in sight! Its really starting to show in my belly and thighs

MemberMember
(@nurse-tara)

Posted : 06/01/2007 5:13 pm

If you check out the other bigger Yasmin post youll see that inital break out is foul, but things start to happen around 3rd packet... I was emotional and moody at first but that balanced out... yes its worked for me!

MemberMember
(@bekacampbellyahoo-com)

Posted : 03/09/2011 3:51 pm

I'm just starting it I'm on week one and have bad cysts on my forehead.

I got on it to clear up my chest ance do you guys think it will help?

MemberMember
(@vituperative)

Posted : 03/28/2011 10:55 am

This is what I've been trying to find out too - only with Yaz (its essentially the same pill my gyno said, only its worked out a few kinks like water weight and tender breasts, etc.)

So I started Yaz about 2 weeks ago after 9 years on Diane and 2 months on Norinyl.

Currently my skin is the worst it has been in about.... 6 years (Id taken an 8 month course of Roaccutane at 17 which made my skin look AMAZING).

I'm extremely depressed. I have gotten some MAJOR cycts at the moment - all in different places, such as my chin, both cheeks, my left temple and lots of redness and whiteheads around my cheeks and my mouth and chin. I just feel ugly.

I think maybe things will get better. I do recall Roaccutane making my skin much worse before getting better, so I'm hoping Yaz does the same thing.

MemberMember
(@milal)

Posted : 04/06/2011 5:34 pm

I started taking yasmin about two months ago and everything seemed to be going fine (no side effects at all) until i came to the end of my first pack. Just before I took my 7 day break, my face and neck got really itchy and red and then I started to break out all over my jawline and around my mouth and up my cheeks in little whiteheads. My skin then got so dry that it flaked about 10 minutes after putting moisturiser on.

I went to my doctor and he said take a break from it and try again, so I did the next week after my face had cleared up about 80%. A week after starting a new pack though my face broke out again in the same way but this time I got some big pimples around my chin and nose.

I got so fed up of having to hide away at home that I figured waiting another two months just wasnt worth the pain. I dont know if it would have gotten better but my life was a lot easier when i wasn't taking yasmin. Did anyone get any symptoms like this?

MemberMember
(@laura-looo)

Posted : 12/30/2018 12:28 pm

I just read this and this is exactly what Im going through!! Help me what do I do?? Did you come off Yasmin or?

MemberMember
(@natali-melbourne)

Posted : 01/09/2019 6:36 pm

I think it's just not yours medication. I was on Yaz and had acne, my GP switched to Diane and skin was fantastic after 1 month. May be Yasmin just doesn't suit you?