Notifications
Clear all

Is it hormonal acne if it is ONLY on your forehead?

MemberMember
(@shadows)

Posted : 02/20/2007 3:32 pm

Is it hormonal acne if it is ONLY on your forehead? My derm "thinks" I have hormonal acne but then she said that kind of acne is focuased on cheek and jaw area. Mine is Forehead??!!!? Very confused. Im not sure what treatment is best for hormonal acne or the type of acne I have. I have been on spironolactone for 2 weeks and I am the worst I have ever been. However, I dont know if accutane is good for the forehead acne I have or not. i am also considering switching to Yasmin.. I have been on ortho tri for years. thanks guys :)

MemberMember
(@peachesncream)

Posted : 02/24/2007 5:44 pm

Is it hormonal acne if it is ONLY on your forehead? My derm "thinks" I have hormonal acne but then she said that kind of acne is focuased on cheek and jaw area. Mine is Forehead??!!!? Very confused. Im not sure what treatment is best for hormonal acne or the type of acne I have. I have been on spironolactone for 2 weeks and I am the worst I have ever been. However, I dont know if accutane is good for the forehead acne I have or not. i am also considering switching to Yasmin.. I have been on ortho tri for years. thanks guys :)
MemberMember
(@shadows)

Posted : 02/26/2007 7:16 pm

horomonal is cheek and jaw, caused by cortisol ("stress horomone") and excessive testosterone. accutane will help the acne regarless of location, the forehead actually has the most sebacious glands, and since testosterone stimulates the sebacious glands, you probably experience the most acne there so it could be horomonal, diane-35 and yasmin should help that

MemberMember
(@sufferinginpa)

Posted : 03/21/2007 3:38 pm

My derm told me that hormonal is usually on the cheek, jawline, and neck but if you're producing excess oil due to hormone fluctuation you can have it anywhere. He also said that the flat pimples in groups are a sign of hormonal acne but I think it varies by person. I took OTC pre baby and it was AWESOME. Post baby...it's making my skin a total wreck! I'm going to start Yaz soon and see how that goes. Your hormones change as you age. I think a huge sign that it's hormonal is if it started after your teens or goes away and comes back suddenly. I know mine is hormone related as I only get really oily when I ovulate and before I menstrate. I've also found that aleve (taken carefully) really helps keep the large ones down.

MemberMember
(@relogygirl)

Posted : 02/18/2014 3:01 pm

Hormonal acne on your forehead only? Maybe. Other causes of forehead only acne could be things touching it -- hair, hair products or hats, and sweating can cause bacteria to increase on your forehead. No matter what the cause (hormonal or not), your pores are not keeping up with the exfoliation, and the bacteria is wreaking havoc on your beautiful skin! Apply an OTC acne product containing salicylic acid, concentrating on cleansing your forehead. These type of products work by gently exfoliating the dead cells, and removing them from the pores. Follow cleansing up with a natural, non-comedogenic moisturizer (not a chemical one) to keep the moisture balanced.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 02/18/2014 7:19 pm

I first started getting acne when I was 13, right about when I started my period, and that was all forehead only. So from my experience, I would say it could be hormonal acne. People generalise where hormonal acne usually is but it can be anywhere. The best way to tell is to get your hormonal levels checked. Also, do you break out at certain times during your cycle? Also, you've only been on Spiro for a short amount of time so I'm not surprised to hear that your skin is getting worse. The initial breakout with Spiro seems to be pretty bad, but it'll get better!

I was offered OTC or Diane and I prefer Diane because it's monophasic. Monophasic pills are better for hormonal acne because it's the same amount of hormones per pill so it maintains your levels. I know you've been on OTC before but I would recommend Yasmin because it's monophasic too, and also one of the best pills for acne. But I would avoid Accutane unless you've exhausted all other options. Give Spiro a few months before deciding!

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 02/19/2014 4:15 pm

Guys this thread is from 2007.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 02/19/2014 7:04 pm

Guys this thread is from 2007.

omg hahah i didn't even see that it popped up at the top of the hormonal acne subsection....i guess someone brought it back from the grave haha

MemberMember
(@acid-like-rabbits)

Posted : 02/20/2014 1:58 pm

I have acne everywhere on my face except cheeks, even my eyebrows get filled with acne when I break out. I have a little pimples on my neck and then a large amount all over my back and shoulders, and some on my chest... it's probably hormonal. I'm on diane but I would go for accutane if it wasn't so damm expensive. I just can't afford this drug unfortunately