Notifications
Clear all

Does alcohol causes acnes ??

MemberMember
(@s2000)

Posted : 04/21/2005 10:30 pm

i heard that smoking caused ance so i quit , does drinking beer also causes acnes to form <?> thanks

MemberMember
(@erpatter)

Posted : 04/21/2005 10:38 pm

I made a thread not too long ago on this. Try searching for it. It appears drinking alcohol irritates a lot of people's acne.

MemberMember
(@s2000)

Posted : 04/21/2005 10:44 pm

I made a thread not too long ago on this. Try searching for it. It appears drinking alcohol irritates a lot of people's acne.

MemberMember
(@theradiostar)

Posted : 04/21/2005 10:48 pm

Oh Christ I hope not.

MemberMember
(@macapuno)

Posted : 04/22/2005 2:25 am

i certainly hope not. going out with friend's for my 21st bday tomorrow eusa_dance.gif

MemberMember
(@rob0t)

Posted : 04/22/2005 2:45 am

i don't know if it's directly related to causing acne, but alcohol dehydrates you. so your skin gets dehydrated. i always notice that my skin looks shitty after drinking, like it looks sickly (dry, weird color, etc).

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/22/2005 5:02 am

My skin always gets worse the day after drinking, especially beer!

MemberMember
(@erpatter)

Posted : 04/22/2005 9:14 am

I just figured out it was all the alcohol that did it to me a few weeks ago. Wish I woulda known that a while ago.

MemberMember
(@erpatter)

Posted : 04/22/2005 9:16 am

thanks, im not so good at computer skills. Could u please like give me a link to it ?? thank you very much

MemberMember
(@haahhaahahahah)

Posted : 04/22/2005 10:39 am

actually i think its good for your skin, dont know the english word, but it has 'beergist' or maybe 'hop?' , some people swallow tablets concentrated of that stuff for acne

MemberMember
(@melek)

Posted : 04/22/2005 12:29 pm

Hops

And I don't know, but I do know that if you drink enough you forget about your acne for at least a little while.

MemberMember
(@erpatter)

Posted : 04/22/2005 1:52 pm

Hops

And I don't know, but I do know that if you drink enough you forget about your acne for at least a little while.

MemberMember
(@anthy)

Posted : 04/25/2005 9:42 pm

I'm not sure about that. My skin was perfectly clear when I was a *heavy* drinker. It was about the time that I started drinking less that my acne became very bad. confused.gif

Anthy

MemberMember
(@revolution)

Posted : 04/25/2005 10:09 pm

Alcohol dehydrates your body tremendously, so yeah it doesn't contribute to healthy skin but it's nothing completely harmful either.

MemberMember
(@whatever-and-ever)

Posted : 04/26/2005 12:16 am

i don't know if it's directly related to causing acne, but alcohol dehydrates you. so your skin gets dehydrated. i always notice that my skin looks shitty after drinking, like it looks sickly (dry, weird color, etc).

MemberMember
(@bettyboop81481)

Posted : 04/26/2005 3:34 pm

someone told me to look at alcoholics - they never have acne! maybe all that alcohol cleanses their system - especially if it's red wine. also, i like the sweet drinks, those are the ones that probably break you out. midori pineapple, sour... i can't see how vodka or 151 would do it, though.

MemberMember
(@babowc)

Posted : 04/26/2005 3:58 pm

i dunno about you guys.. but i had nice skin after waking up from drinking alot.. of beer..

never tried it with vodka or anything eles yet..

MemberMember
(@whatever-and-ever)

Posted : 04/26/2005 6:52 pm

someone told me to look at alcoholics - they never have acne! maybe all that alcohol cleanses their system - especially if it's red wine. also, i like the sweet drinks, those are the ones that probably break you out. midori pineapple, sour... i can't see how vodka or 151 would do it, though.

MemberMember
(@revolution)

Posted : 04/26/2005 7:36 pm

If you are worried that drinking will irritate your skin:

Just make sure you drink water every now and then through your night out on the town, it will keep you hydrated, and when you get home before bed, have some more water, helps with hangovers too.

MemberMember
(@corduroyaddict)

Posted : 05/05/2005 1:33 pm

I literally have dreams about finding something to drink (water, gatorade, orange juice) after I have a night of drinking. I could drink barrels full of water the day after drinking...

MemberMember
(@24-hour-revenge-therapy)

Posted : 05/05/2005 2:13 pm

Ises don'tses knowses if acoholses causeses acneseseses

MemberMember
(@angelis)

Posted : 05/05/2005 9:37 pm

Alcohol dehydrates you immensily...Yes, it does aggravate acne, but it doesn't cause it. It'll just make it worse.

MemberMember
(@nanakeltner)

Posted : 05/06/2005 4:04 am

I think that your body sees alcohol as a toxin. One way it gets rid of it is the usual way, threw the liver and so on, and this messes up your liver. The other way the body expels things is threw your pores. Swetting toxins out of your pores probably breaks you out. Im personally not a beer drinker, my husband is(and 100% clear skin), I like Jack, but haven't noticed bad breakouts, even after a heavy night of drinking. I think maybe when you drink more often your body(and pores) gets used to it, maybe doesn't see it as so much of a toxin...the more you drink the longer it takes to get drunk.

MemberMember
(@dannie)

Posted : 05/07/2005 10:00 pm

i break out whenever i drink..even one drink......

and i think the sugar has to do with it too..

can anyone recomend a good mix drink

they where sayin in one post gin and tonic..or vodka ..or rum...

but what can u mix it with to taste good??? diet coke?? orange juice??

MemberMember
(@nanakeltner)

Posted : 05/10/2005 3:18 am

i break out whenever i drink..even one drink......

and i think the sugar has to do with it too..

can anyone recomend a good mix drink

they where sayin in one post gin and tonic..or vodka ..or rum...

but what can u mix it with to taste good??? diet coke?? orange juice??