Notifications
Clear all

Vietnam- so expensive !

MemberMember
(@alyssajade-brittonoutlook-com)

Posted : 03/05/2020 11:28 pm

So Im English and have lived in Melbourne Australia for 4 years. Over the years, both here and in London Ive spent probably close to $20,000/10,000 on various scarring treatments and have seen some improvement but not as much as Id have hoped for considering the cost.

Im moving to Vietnam in May to teach for six months so thought itd be a good idea to look into dermatologists there. I found a clinic that looks great called the Stamford skin centre with some very creditable Aussie, Canadian and American doctors. Im not expecting it to be super cheap and Im sure theres some dodgy backstreet places I could go for that. I understand these are highly qualified Dermatologists and I shouldnt expect dirt cheap just because its a developing countrybut holy moly its more expensive than Australia !! The treatments start off at $4600. Thats a starting price for the cheapest fractional laser. The infini laser is $6500! A consultation is just $33 which is the first thing I enquired about so Im thinking woohoooo this is looking good. Next thing I hear $4600 I didnt want to sound patronising but I wanted to double check with her just in case her English wasnt great and she meant 460 (didnt say that obviously) haha but nope 65mil Vietnamese dong which is $4600 AUD. crikey Moses.

has anyone been anywhere in SE Asia thats good but a bit cheaper? Like I say I wouldnt want anywhere overly cheap as thats where things go very wrong but I certainly wasnt expecting it to me more than Australia ! I saw one of the top dermatologists in the country (Dr Bekhor in Melbourne ) and he doesnt charge that much

MemberMember
(@slide-2)

Posted : 03/10/2020 12:03 am

On 3/5/2020 at 8:28 PM, StrawberryFace said:

So I™m English and have lived in Melbourne Australia for 4 years. Over the years, both here and in London I™ve spent probably close to $20,000/£10,000 on various scarring treatments and have seen some improvement but not as much as I™d have hoped for considering the cost. 

I™m moving to Vietnam in May to teach for six months so thought it™d be a good idea to look into dermatologists there. I found a clinic that looks great called the Stamford skin centre with some very creditable Aussie, Canadian and American doctors. I™m not expecting it to be super cheap and I™m sure there™s some dodgy backstreet places I could go for that. I understand these are highly qualified Dermatologists  and I shouldn™t expect dirt cheap just because it™s a œdeveloping country but holy moly it™s more expensive than Australia !! The treatments start off at $4600. That™s a starting price for the cheapest fractional laser. The infini laser is $6500! A consultation is just $33 which is the first thing I enquired about so I™m thinking woohoooo this is looking good. Next thing I hear $4600 I didn™t want to sound patronising but I wanted to double check with her just in case her English wasn™t great and she meant 460 (didn™t say that obviously) haha but nope 65mil Vietnamese dong which is $4600 AUD. crikey Moses. 

has anyone been anywhere in SE Asia that™s good but a bit cheaper? Like I say I wouldn™t want anywhere overly cheap as that™s where things go very wrong but I certainly wasn™t expecting it to me more than Australia ! I saw one of the top dermatologists in the country (Dr Bekhor in Melbourne ) and he doesn™t charge that much 

Wow!  That is outrageous.  Here in California, I paid just over $3,000 for 3 sessions of Infini/Genius.

I don't have any recommendations for you, just wanted to say that Vietnam is an amazing country. :)

Good luck on your search!