Notifications
Clear all

Sex and hormonal acne in women

MemberMember
(@aps)

Posted : 04/12/2019 12:30 pm

Hi, is it possible that some women breakout after their ovulation due to lack of sex? I mean I m 20 years old female and a virgin. Since we know that women bodies had a tendency to mate at this age in the recent times and they bore babies too. So due to lack of sex after ovulation my body tends to breakout. Because otherwise my hormones would have been balanced by the sexual intercourse? Did anyone try this? And can anyone try this out it would be really helpful.

MemberMember
(@jaz31)

Posted : 04/17/2019 9:08 am

It's nothing to do with lack of sex,it's the second week of the cycle and it's normal to break out,I break out end of second week or third week during ovulation time.Hormones are not balanced by sexual intercourse,a woman's hormones fluctuate during the 4 weeks of her cycle,that's why you have no break outs when you are on your period and your skin is drier and at it's best.

MemberMember
(@vicpaz)

Posted : 04/18/2019 2:08 pm

On 4/17/2019 at 4:08 PM, Jaz31 said:

It's nothing to do with lack of sex,it's the second week of the cycle and it's normal to break out,I break out end of second week or third week during ovulation time.Hormones are not balanced by sexual intercourse,a woman's hormones fluctuate during the 4 weeks of her cycle,that's why you have no break outs when you are on your period and your skin is drier and at it's best.

Completely agree. It's not about having sex or not. In the middle of your cycle (during the second week approx) there is a testosterone peak that causes breakouts to a lot of women, no matter if they have sex or not.