Notifications
Clear all

bance after accutane

MemberMember
(@itsjustmex)

Posted : 08/06/2018 6:21 am

hey,
I have been on accutane treatment for 6 months, 60 mg each day and finished about 2 months ago. My face has cleared out and so did my back. I have rarely had little zits on my chin the past weeks ( I suppose it was because it was really hot outside and I was sweating, but anyway its clear now). The past days Ive started noticing that Im getting few pimples on my back, mostly on the right side.
Is this something normal or should I consider starting a second course of accutane ?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/06/2018 9:01 am

Definitely hold off. Accutane does not equate having perfect skin. The majority of people will experience breakouts as do people who don't have an ongoing issue. I would give it a few weeks and see what your body does. I personally know how distressing it can be to see acne popping up after accutane but stressing about it makes it worse. Make sure that you are keeping your stress low, exercising, giving your body the nutrients it needs, etc.

Keep us posted.

MemberMember
(@itsjustmex)

Posted : 09/10/2018 1:09 pm

1+ month later update, the acne on my back is gone and I havent got any more since Ive posted here (except like one zit a week which is literally not even noticeable). I have no idea what could have caused that though..