Notifications
Clear all

type of acne?

MemberMember
(@goldzilla)

Posted : 06/19/2018 12:18 pm

hi everyone,

just signed up here because i am really at a loss. i have a long history of acne with some clear years and some messy.

for the last 2 years, it's been actually fine up until recently. the issue is that I have been to many dermatologists and theysimply come up with temporary solutions while I clearly understand that the solution should be based on internal and radical factors.

so, i was wondering if anyone has a similar type of acne. it is pinkish with no head, does not look very big on the outside but feels larger and painful in the inside. not like a cyst though, nowhere near that size. at the same time, it is not exactly circular. mostly occurs on the cheeks - near the nose. clear fluid comes out if popped up. so that's definitely a bad idea.

could it be something allergic?

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 06/19/2018 3:20 pm

I believe it might be rosacea. And if that's the case then be cautious with skincare routines since the skin is very sensitive; wear proper sunscreen, avoid any harsh chemical creams, have a healthy diet etc.

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 06/20/2018 6:33 am

18 hours ago, goldzilla said:

hi everyone,

just signed up here because i am really at a loss. i have a long history of acne with some clear years and some messy.

for the last 2 years, it's been actually fine up until recently. the issue is that I have been to many dermatologists and theysimply come up with temporary solutions while I clearly understand that the solution should be based on internal and radical factors.

so, i was wondering if anyone has a similar type of acne. it is pinkish with no head, does not look very big on the outside but feels larger and painful in the inside. not like a cyst though, nowhere near that size. at the same time, it is not exactly circular. mostly occurs on the cheeks - near the nose. clear fluid comes out if popped up. so that's definitely a bad idea.

could it be something allergic?

im not a doctor but without photos it would be hard to identify but could be hormonal acne which could be exacerbated by something in your diet (raised hormone levels - more sebum = acne) or something mimicking acne but not.. likeMalassezia folliculitis,Perioral Dermatitis ect

google: "milk and acne", "diet and acne" and "skin conditions which look like acne but are not"

MemberMember
(@goldzilla)

Posted : 06/20/2018 6:39 am

15 hours ago, AcneVM said:

I believe it might be rosacea. And if that's the case then be cautious with skincare routines since the skin is very sensitive; wear proper sunscreen, avoid any harsh chemical creams, have a healthy diet etc.

i checked and thoroughly read about rosacea, it seems rather complicated as research is not enough on the condition but i doubt mine is related to this. i have no redness or flushing, only the pimple itself is pinkish - which is not severe like rosacea cases.

thank you for your response though :)

6 minutes ago, MrBakery said:
im not a doctor but without photos it would be hard to identify but could be hormonal acne  which could be exacerbated by something in your diet (raised hormone levels - more sebum = acne) or something mimicking acne but not.. like Malassezia folliculitis, Perioral Dermatitis ect

google: "milk and acne", "diet and acne" and "skin conditions which look like acne but are not"

thank you for your response! i'm also almost sure that it has to be something i eat or drink. i quit milk 2 years ago and it definitely improved my skin. plus, i have hypoglycemia so a lot of foods play with my hormone levels. 

i'll check these two conditions you mentioned and also check "diet and acne" as you suggested. thanks again. :) 

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 06/20/2018 7:45 am

1 hour ago, goldzilla said:
i checked and thoroughly read about rosacea, it seems rather complicated as research is not enough on the condition but i doubt mine is related to this. i have no redness or flushing, only the pimple itself is pinkish - which is not severe like rosacea cases.

thank you for your response though :)
thank you for your response! i'm also almost sure that it has to be something i eat or drink. i quit milk 2 years ago and it definitely improved my skin. plus, i have hypoglycemia so a lot of foods play with my hormone levels. 

i'll check these two conditions you mentioned and also check "diet and acne" as you suggested. thanks again. :) 

im also in the same camp regarding diet. if i drink milk or have too much junk food my skin gets red and i break out in cysts.