Notifications
Clear all

So many hard lumps between eyebrows that have pus in them?

MemberMember
(@user650807)

Posted : 02/18/2018 9:14 pm

Someone please help. Up until about 6 months ago, i had clear skin. I don™t have acne, with the exception of in between my eyebrows which is a horror show. I have these in between the eyebrow like lumps, which are hard and under the skin, and when i pop them which is hard to do because there is no head, pus comes out. And i am left with little red pore marks i don™t really know how to describe them. I don™t know how to get rid of them, they are recurring and i just want them gone because they make me feel so self conscious. I don™t think it™s an issue with exfoliation, because my current skin routine consists of this: -i use my spin brush to wash my face with African black soap (so my skin is being exfoliated)
-i follow with witch hazel to tone the skin and i use pixi glow tonic which has glycolic acid in it. 
-i then use a lush brand moisturizer. 
-I use clay face masks 2x a week to detoxify the skin.
Everywhere else, my skin is clear which makes it really frustrating. I don™t know if it™s cystic eyebrow acne and if i could somehow get accurate to treat it, or if they are cc™s, clogged pores or even ingrown hairs. The texture is just so uneven because of the bumps that i can™t even wear foundation over it. Its really weird because the camera can™t really detect the severity of them because they are under the skin but i tried to take some photos to show you. 
6F673DF5-8964-403F-8805-E96BD61FCEE7.jpegE2EC161B-1F10-4699-97B6-A356FD045066.jpeg0892A64F-71A9-487D-A981-EF02F707D75D.jpeg83C2A64B-835D-4884-B360-F5EDCE8EF560.jpeg

MemberMember
(@1245)

Posted : 07/21/2020 6:33 pm

I get the exact same things. Did you manage to find a way to get rid of them? Thank you

MemberMember
(@elainea)

Posted : 07/21/2020 7:56 pm

55 minutes ago, 1245 said:

I get the exact same things. Did you manage to find a way to get rid of them? Thank you

It could be caused byeither bacterial, fungal or microscopic demodex skin mites.

My guess is that its Microscopic Demodex Skin Mites. Everybody has these.They are also known as eye lash mites because the eyelids and eyebrows are 2 of their favorite places to live. The miteseat oil. If your immune system is low due to stress or illness they can start getting overpopulated.

If you extract aneyebrow hair from one of the bumps, it will likely have a lot of white gunk on the root of the eyebrowsimilar to what is found at the bottom of anextracted blackhead.I had this problem for years. It was misdiagnosed as bacterial acne. A knowledgeable dermatologist can test for the mites. They take a skin sample or in this case an eyebrow sample. Put the sampleon a slide and look at it under a microscope. They try to count the mites to see if you have more than expected. The mites don't like light, so counting them is tricky. Some old school dermatologists were taught that the mites are harmless. Recent advances show that when overpopulated the mites can cause a lot of skin and eye issues.

If there are too many mites in your eye lashes it can cause red dry eyes, eye lash loss, styes on the eyelids. It caneventually get severe enough that it evolves into full blownocular rosacea also known as blepharitis demodex.

The best and fastest solution for demodex is the 2 drug oral treatment using 2 weekly doses of Oral Ivermectin plus 3 times daily Oral Metronidazole. Thisis a whole body anti-parasitic treatment. A medical study of 120 patients using the 2 drug treatment vs. just oral Ivermectin was published in the May 2013 International Journal of Infections Diseases. It worked for me. This anti-parasitic treatment works for demodex. It does not help other non-parasite related skin conditions.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...0197121201315X

Oral Ivermectin: Dosage based on body weight: 200 micrograms per kilogram of body weight. 1 dose day 1 and again day 8 of treatment. Take with a large glass of water on an empty stomach.
Oral Metronidazole: Dosage: 250 mg 3 times daily for 2 weeks. Take with food. Do not drink alcohol while taking Oral Metronidazole or for 72 hours after the last tablet.

These are prescription drugs and should be taken under a doctors supervision. The drugs are old, generic, inexpensive. Both drugs are on the WHO list of 100 Essential medications. They both have good safety records.

Both of these drugs are anti-parasitic drugs. They both work to kill demodex. The Oral Ivermectin works even better when taken with Oral Metronidazole.

Topical Options:

1. Prescription Soolantra - 1% Ivermectin cream. Very Expensive. Slow - could take up to 16 weeks to treat. Only treats areas where the cream is applied. Cannot be used in eyelid area.

2. DIY: Boric Acid Mask - Boric Acid is antiparasitic and kills demodex. Its alsoanti-microbial. Here's a video from amakeup artist, explaining how to use it. 1/2 tsp of boric acid powder + a few drops of glycerin to make a thin paste Apply to eyebrows and face.

3. Over the counter:Tea tree oil ointment from Desert Essence - apply to affected areas overnight. The mites come out tomate at night and this stuff traps them. The tea tree oil is antimicrobial. It kills demodex, bacteria and fungus. Amazon sells this.

4. Over the counter: Tea tree oil face wash can be helpful.The tea tree oil is antimicrobial. It kills demodex, bacteria and fungus. Wash with this first then use the ointment at night. (Brands: Desert Essence, The Body Shop, eye eco, etc).

5. DIY: Borax Shampoo or Face Wash - 1 cup of Hot water + 1 Tablespoon of 20 Muleteam Borax Powder (available in the laundry aisle of most major US grocery stores). This is a different form of Borax than Boric Acid Powder. Stir the hot water and the borax powder to dissolve. When cool pour into a container like an old, clean shampoobottle. Wash the face with the borax shampoo. Let stay on the skin for at least 5 minutes. Rinse.

To use like shampoo - Note: this shampoo does not suds up. Massage it in to the hair, scalp and face and let stay while showering. Rinse. To rebalance hair pH, follow borax shampoo with a dilute apple cider vinegar rinse ( 1/4 apple cider vinegar mixed with 3/4 cup water). Close eyes - it stings. RInse the vinegar out with water, then optionally with conditioner.