Notifications
Clear all

HUGE cyst deforming nostril

MemberMember
(@tmh92)

Posted : 08/30/2017 8:25 pm

I developed a HUGE cyst on the side of my nostril which I stupidly picked at. It has misshapen my nose and is so painful it's making my teeth hurt and gland below has swollen and painful. I dont have insurance so can't get a cortisone injection. I've tried mario badescu buffering lotion, zapzyt, tea tree oil cortisone cream, antibiotic ointment with zinc. Icing, warming...Nothing is helping! Also had another one on the other side which popped and now the skin is cracked at the nose along with various chin acne. All of this because I switched to Proactiv MD moisturizer for oily skin!!!! 

20170830_202514.jpg

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 08/31/2017 7:18 am

best to see a doctor imo.

MemberMember
(@tmh92)

Posted : 08/31/2017 8:37 am

If I could I would. I'm student teaching and they don't allow us to have a job. So I cannot afford one, especially without insurance.

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 09/01/2017 1:54 pm

can you go to a free clinic or get some advice from a chemist?

im not a doctor but if the cyst / lump is causing pain in your nose and teeth, its time to get help. you might need some medicine to get rid of the infection.

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 09/08/2017 1:53 am

Perhaps don't mix products too. Your skin is taking a lot of chemicals which I feel causes more damage to it. Let it breathe. Maybe you can try some natural remedies if you can't afford to go to a doctor.

I don't know if it is connected to your teeth but maybe check with a dentist too as that might be a separate issue.