Notifications
Clear all

HELP HAS THIS EVER HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE

MemberMember
(@hannahclettenberg)

Posted : 08/20/2017 4:42 pm

if anyone could please offer advice that would be great. i've never had this happen before. so i had a pimple on my forehead the other day that came to a full head (like i had to pop it, there was no other choice) and so i popped it and i barely had to squeeze to get the head out. but i kept (gently) draining it and there was so much fluid coming out but i kept draining until it stopped. so i went to bed and woke up the next morning and there was this redish purple area around where the pimple was which i though was strange. i just put some of my acne treatment on it and then a few friends invited me to go swimming. when i got home from swimming i realized that all of the skin around that pimple had peeled off and now it looks really gross and i don't know what to do!! 

IMG_2200.JPG

IMG_2201.JPG

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 08/21/2017 8:10 am

maybe someone else will comment as well.

ive had spots which have caused strange marks and bruising like that in the past. i would say the top layer of skin is damaged from either picking or from a chemical and there is some skin bruisingbut im not a doctor and that's just guess. - if that was my skin, i would leave it to heal.

MemberMember
(@rims)

Posted : 08/21/2017 8:50 am

Not sure its the same thing but I've gotten a number of steam burns on my arms and hands that similar to the that when the blisters pop and the pus drains out. I think its just the skin that either damage or dead from the blister or pimple. I just use Neosporin or silver sulfidizine cream on them and there usually gone without a trace in a few weeks.

MemberMember
(@hannahclettenberg)

Posted : 08/21/2017 2:17 pm

do you think there is anything that will help it a little overnight? i know it won't heal completely but atleast to where it doesn't look gross. i have school tomorrow but i'm debating on not going

MemberMember
(@hannahclettenberg)

Posted : 08/21/2017 3:46 pm

it looks even worse than it did yesterday :(

IMG_2202.JPG

MemberMember
(@juwalker)

Posted : 08/21/2017 5:05 pm

Hi Hannah. Don't miss school, just put a plaster on it and say you bumped/ scratched your head!!! You will only dwell on it at home anyway. I think you should get medical advice though as you don't want to risk it getting infected. Whatever you do don't pick it. All the best.

MemberMember
(@hannahclettenberg)

Posted : 08/21/2017 7:43 pm

that's a good idea, thanks! i have a dermatologist appointment on thursday, i'm just mad because i finally learned to stop picking at my skin, and i didn't pick this at all and then something else went wrong. i put some neosporin and a bandaid on it, hoping it will help!

Juwalker liked
MemberMember
(@hannahclettenberg)

Posted : 08/22/2017 11:32 am

does anyone else have any other advice ? it still looks pretty gross and i would like it to heal over a little bit :/

MemberMember
(@lovedog123)

Posted : 08/22/2017 12:48 pm

The exact same thing happened to me! I had a pimple in the center of my forehead and I popped it. The next day I had a blue, kinda darkish, ring or circle around it. I had no idea what to do. But now its almost gone and here is what I did;
- I litterally only drank water for like a week
- I started washing my face with Dial Anti-Bacterial soup. (this is not advertised as an acne product, but for me it really works. Its kills all bacteria on the face and it is very gentle and with time will make you face smooth)
- I only washed my face two times a day. I didn't touch it otherwise.
- I used Miprocin 2% from acne.org. THIS WORKS. I just two days it faded.

I hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@tonyn123)

Posted : 08/22/2017 1:32 pm

Mine is also very similar to this but i picked it off completely! If anyone has a solution please comment on my post as well.

MemberMember
(@hannahclettenberg)

Posted : 08/22/2017 3:30 pm

thank you for the advice! i would go ahead and purchase those items if i did not have a derm appointment on thursday because i'm sure they will give me a prescription. i need a miracle right about now lol.

MemberMember
(@juwalker)

Posted : 08/23/2017 3:14 am

Hope it goes well Thursday. All the best!!

MemberMember
(@graciep)

Posted : 08/23/2017 9:11 am

I'm just now seeing this post! yes, I've had one like this before in the exact location, i kept a bandaid on neosporin on it 24/7 for one full week and it was gone. luckily since its higher up on the forehead you can put the bandaid on and even wear a hat as well if you wanted (thats what i did) but neosporin and a bandaid took care of it. atleast it looks like it has formed a scab......thats good. keeping the scab covered in neosporin will help it peel away in a few days.

with my wound right now, its still fuckign WET after 7 days..its not scabbing ....idk wtf to do. and i can't keep a bandaid on it because its right on my cheek and i have sorority recruitment they won't allow me to wear a bandaid :(