Notifications
Clear all

Cheek acne that doesn't go away

MemberMember
(@snowie97)

Posted : 08/13/2017 11:25 am

I'm 19 this year and i had acne for about 2-3 years. My acne was mild in the first two years but then starting from this year onwards it's getting worse especially on my cheeks. I tried many things like those natural stuff they use on youtube which cleared their acne.. but none work for mine. Someone please help me. My left cheek has a lot of blackheads i guess bcos there's many dots and every few days a huge pimple will grow.

MemberMember
(@ammy_k)

Posted : 08/15/2017 6:03 pm

Hey I am sorry to hear about your condition. Please go to a dermatologist for a proper checkup of your acne. Dont eat oily food, use clean towels and change your pillow covers once or twice a week.There's so much bacteria on them you really should to prevent new acne. So I tried these disposable pillows covers from this website [Edited link out] These ones are actually disposable so super easy! They also have product in them that improves the condition of your skin whilst you sleep. So along with medication proper care is also important. Take care.

Snowie97 liked
MemberMember
(@snowie97)

Posted : 08/20/2017 6:23 am

On 8/16/2017 at 5:03 AM, Ammy_K said:

Hey I am sorry to hear about your condition. Please go to a dermatologist for a proper checkup of your acne. Dont eat oily food, use clean towels and change your pillow covers once or twice a week.There's so much bacteria on them you really should to prevent new acne. So I tried these disposable pillows covers from this website [Edited link out] These ones are actually disposable so super easy! They also have product in them that improves the condition of your skin whilst you sleep. So along with medication proper care is also important. Take care.

I do change my pillow covers often and i tend to sleep to my right side because the acne on my right cheek is better than my left cheek. Actually it's way better than my left cheek. I don't know how to cure the cluster of whiteheads/blackheads and all sorts of pimples on my left cheek. I'm taking supplements (zinc, EPO, lysine and fish oil) but so far it doesn't make it worse or better..

MemberMember
(@aspuglle)

Posted : 08/20/2017 10:35 pm

Going through the same situation, do you have a specific side that got worse then started looking slightly better? Cause if it does it's mostly just hormonal.  Recently for me I've been having a ton of acne filling up on my left cheek and I felt so embarrassed, even covering it up was super frustrating.  Now it's gotten a lot better but now my right cheek is getting worse for absolutely no reason.  A suggestion is don't try using fish oil or zinc products to bring it down, I've tried the same method but it just made things worse for me.  Fish oil and all that might work n some people but not everyone, my cheeks is around moderate getting small cysts and the occasional tiny whiteheads so if your situation is similar to mine it's most likely hormonal and you can't do too much for it.  Few things that help me calm down the acne on my cheeks is using tea tree oil but only ORGANIC, non organic causes my skin to break out even worse.  If you've got some specific spots you want to treat get tea tree oil and dab it on (only a little not too much) it should calm down a little by the morning.  Also diet played a big part in keeping my skin tamed while waiting out, so lots of greens and other vegetables/fruits will help out from preventing the acne from coming up worse.  You might not be able to avoid it for now but at least these few things can just make things easier if it's hormonal.  Good luck to you and I hope your skin clears up :)

Snowie97 liked
MemberMember
(@snowie97)

Posted : 08/23/2017 9:49 am

On 21/08/2017 at 11:35 AM, aspuglle said:

Going through the same situation, do you have a specific side that got worse then started looking slightly better? Cause if it does it's mostly just hormonal.  Recently for me I've been having a ton of acne filling up on my left cheek and I felt so embarrassed, even covering it up was super frustrating.  Now it's gotten a lot better but now my right cheek is getting worse for absolutely no reason.  A suggestion is don't try using fish oil or zinc products to bring it down, I've tried the same method but it just made things worse for me.  Fish oil and all that might work n some people but not everyone, my cheeks is around moderate getting small cysts and the occasional tiny whiteheads so if your situation is similar to mine it's most likely hormonal and you can't do too much for it.  Few things that help me calm down the acne on my cheeks is using tea tree oil but only ORGANIC, non organic causes my skin to break out even worse.  If you've got some specific spots you want to treat get tea tree oil and dab it on (only a little not too much) it should calm down a little by the morning.  Also diet played a big part in keeping my skin tamed while waiting out, so lots of greens and other vegetables/fruits will help out from preventing the acne from coming up worse.  You might not be able to avoid it for now but at least these few things can just make things easier if it's hormonal.  Good luck to you and I hope your skin clears up :)

omg i think mine is similar to yours. my right cheek was as bad as my left cheek but it had gotten better. i feel you... i feel so uncomfortable when talking to ppl becos of my acne. yes i literally only use tea tree oil from body shop now. i don't even use moisturizer cos it makes my face more oily. i also guessed its hormonal becos of my abnormal timing of my menstruation. that's why i have been taking evening primrose oil to see if it helps