Notifications
Clear all

Small bumps on cheek

MemberMember
(@justdesserts)

Posted : 07/17/2017 5:11 pm

I have these raised bumps that appear on my face after work and usually my skin turns quite red and my cheeks feel really warm. I don't usually wake up with them. They appear usually in the evening, and they go away quite quickly overnight after I wash my face and apply hydrocortisone cream. However, I'm wondering what they are? To me, they don't seem like acne as I've had acne before. They only appear on my cheeks. Does anyone else have a similar condition? I'm going to follow up with my dermatologist in a couple of weeks, but a few opinions/feedback from people who have something similar would be great.

Products I use:
- Neutrogena Oil free acne wash
- first aid beauty moisturizer 
- benzaclin cream
- Aztec indian healing clay mask (weekly-biweekly)

IMG_0796.JPG

MemberMember
(@leahleah28)

Posted : 07/19/2017 2:24 am

I have this exact same thing on my neck & jaw area. I use BP, clindamysin (spelling?) topically, ampicillin (just started a few days ago) and my doctor gave me prednisone because they are itchy since I dried my skin trying to get rid of them.  Mine do not come to a head, they are closed pores but not able to pop. 

I also uses the same maak, since they started coming, they seem to get worse (started the mask after the issue- mask didn't cause it) 

IMG_2035.JPG

MemberMember
(@imthetinman)

Posted : 07/20/2017 8:38 pm

I used to have those bumps. I believe they're called closed comedones. I would recommend exfoliation. Try Mandelic Acid, it got rid of mine in less than a week.