Notifications
Clear all

Cystic-Zit near eye causing eye to swell up

MemberMember
(@tyme17)

Posted : 03/12/2017 9:06 am

I have a cystic-like zit near my eye that is causing my whole eye to swell. The eyeball it self looks fine, but the surroundings are swollen. The dermatologist couldn't get me in till a few days and not sure what to do. I don't know if I should go to a general doctor to get an Anti-Inflammatory. I'm on Acutane and shouldn't be getting acne, especially like this. I have Aczone gel that I know is an Anti-bacterial/Inflammatory, so I'm using that right now. Any idea on what temperature I should compress or what else I should do?

MemberMember
(@rachie39)

Posted : 03/13/2017 12:13 am

If its bothering you this much id definitely go see my gp/doctor about it. How long have you been on accutane?

MemberMember
(@asburypark101)

Posted : 03/13/2017 1:30 am

You should consider ice instead of heat to help lessen the swelling. Also you can take standard anti-inflammatory over the counter medications like Motrin. Arnica Montana is a natural supplement that is meant to help with swelling and inflammation, it is often used to help speed up recovery for plastic surgery patients when they swell and bruise, so that can be an option too.