Notifications
Clear all

Stubborn popped pimple

MemberMember
(@emilyjksn)

Posted : 02/22/2017 2:37 pm

So I have my best friends sweet 16 party this Friday and I have a decent sized pimple on my forhead. I get pimples every once and a while and I tend to pick at them and sometimes get scars. This time I told my self I wouldn't pick at it or pop it. And I tried so hard not to. But it was starting to get big and very red. What do you recommend on getting rid of it or just making it less noticeable and less red and inflamed by Friday

MemberMember
(@tcalpoly)

Posted : 02/22/2017 7:04 pm

I've had some success applying crushed aspirin mixed with water topically to pimples. To add to that, take some ibuprofen before the party (anti-inflammitory). Also, you could apply some ice to the pimple immediately before the party (helps with swelling). Other than that, don't touch it any more! (touching is inflamitory). Try not to think about it during the party, because I know almost no one else will. Be young and care free, and have a great time :) You're in lovely place in your life, so try not to let insecurities get in the way. I know it's easier said than done haha. I'm losing my hair right now and it's awful!! My point is, most people focus on their own insecurities, and don't judge others on theirs. 

I hope you have an absolute blast at the party, and don't drink too much!! ;)