Notifications
Clear all

stopping benzoyl peroxide

MemberMember
(@louisemariex)

Posted : 02/18/2017 7:54 pm

Hi! Really would like some advice, I've been using benzoyl peroxide for the past to years...ive also been on Yasmin for 6 months....really would like to stop bp at this point ...im sick of how it feels at night ...whats the best way to reduce it ...ive started using boots tea tree night treatment gel instead...whats others experiencers of stopping/reducing Bp...is making me really anxious and confused of what to do....thank you, love to you all :*

MemberMember
(@louisemariex)

Posted : 02/19/2017 4:36 pm

Any advice appreciated!!

MemberMember
(@coffee32987528935)

Posted : 02/20/2017 4:17 am

Hi there, I am unsure of why stopping BP makes you feel anxious. It's a basic, over-the-counter topical cream. You can literally stop using it at any time.

MemberMember
(@louisemariex)

Posted : 02/20/2017 3:00 pm

makes me feel nervous cos ive seen loads or ppl saying that they broke out as soon as they stopped it so was wondering how others have stopped gradually.

MemberMember
(@coffee32987528935)

Posted : 02/22/2017 6:33 am

I used benzoyl peroxide religiously as a teenager in all %ages available. In my own experience, it never made a difference. Quitting it also made no difference. It's the most basic, OTC topical cream available for spot treating acne. You shouldn't be so worried about stopping it, it can easily be replaced by something else if your acne responds so well to it, or you could just start using it again.