Notifications
Clear all

Long term Acne

MemberMember
(@adtrey5)

Posted : 01/26/2017 9:34 am

Ive had acne since the age of 14 and applied every lotion and potion in the book in the vain hope that ill one day be comfortable with my own reflection.

Now at the age of 25, still taking the same old pills designed to make things better, Ive lost any hope of being comfortable with my appearance and accepted that Ill probably never be the person i desperately want to be.

If you tell someone something enough times they will probably believe it. This couldnt be more true. For too many years Ive been asked Whats wrong with your skin?, have you got an STI on your face and You must be the oldest guy I know still going through puberty. People say it how they see it.

Please dont get this confused, I am not a vain person. Im struggling because Ive lost a battle to save my self confidence. I havent had a relationship in years, I hate the idea of talking about this because Im sick to death of hearing the cliche responses. You can barely notice it, it will get better. 11 years of waiting.

4015 days, 96360 hours of my life Ive played a mental game of guess where the next spot will be and how big will it be.

Im not even sure what point im trying to make here, Im just sick of myself and desperate for my life not to be dictated by my skin.