Notifications
Clear all

Acne always in one spot (right cheek) always red sometimes painful

MemberMember
(@lcmz)

Posted : 01/15/2017 1:13 am

Hello. I have a bad case of acne on my right cheek (somewhere between the middle and under the eye) and it's been going on for a few months now, I'm pretty sure somewhere around a few months before Halloween? I'm not considered a teenager yet so not many people in my school also have acne, so that makes me feel isolated. Anyways, it just keeps getting worse. I don't even remember how it started out, but I know that the white part (or yellow in some cases) has ripped itself off while I'm washing my face, which has left a red inflamed area with a hole in the middle, and it always fills up again. This time it is painful, and there's 2 right next to each other (maybe even a 3rd growing directly under) I don't have access too much (age) but I want know what I can do for it? I wash it once every night, and I've tried ice in the past, but I'm afraid to now, seeing as there's 2-3 white parts DIRECTLY next to each other, and it's painful. Even worse, because have glasses (I clean them every other day, or everyday) and sometimes when I talk or smile the spots rub against the bottom causing pain. I just applied witch hazel. Will this help? I appreciate any response. Thank you for your time. I just want to be acne free (is it worth mentioning that this time the spots are itchy?)

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 01/15/2017 8:01 pm

If it's itchy, check for other causes, or conditions, like fungal infections and demodex infections. Do you sleep on that side? I recently switched detergents for washing my pillowcases. I've had acne reactions to certain brands in the past.
Also, yes, witch hazel is very good. Watch the alcohol content, it's high and be drying. I've started diluting mine with Mario Badescu Aloe Vera Toner.

MemberMember
(@foreveryoung28)

Posted : 01/16/2017 11:13 am

Ive been suferring with breakouts and acne for a good 2 years. It has taken me a while to figure out what to use or do when i find myself in this situation, but finally things are starting to heal. What i suggest to you is washing your entire face with soap (preferably a type cleanser for your face) and water. Do this twice a day, morning and night, every day. Do not put any creams, lotions or oils onto the spots as whatever you put on your skin may be causing the spots as it is blocking your pores. I know EVERYONE says it but I promise you its for a reason, DO NOT PICK, SQUEEZE OR TOUCH your face. Squeezing spots is what makes them come back as you are opening up to pore, once you squeeze them all sorts can get in. Just try it. Let your skin heal naturally, don't be fooled with these fancy products and all their promises. Letting your skin breath and heal is THE MOST effective way to clear your pesky spots. If you follow these steps for at least a week the breakout should be gone or at least going away. If not I would ask your parents to see a doctor incase you have a rash or a different skin condition. They are most likley regular spots as they normally feel a little itchy when they are really irratated, but its worth checking. This is the most inexpensive way to clear your breakouts and spots, i hope it works for you, just rember to keep your skin care simple. Good Luck.