Notifications
Clear all

Can Anyone Tell Me What This is?

MemberMember
(@safariprincess)

Posted : 12/19/2016 7:47 pm

I went to the dermatologist today. She said it was acne related but didn't tell me what it is. It's also on my chest a little now. I previously tried triamcinolone and it didn't do anything.. i also have minor acne and back problems so she prescribed me finacea, atralin, cleocin, doxycycline, foaming 10% benzoyl peroxide wash.. 
Finacea and atralin or expensive which one should I get I don't think I need both.. also my eye lid has been swollen this month for no reason, what is happening to me? Lol
second pic is just my blemishes.. idt they're bad enough for all this stuff. Think they just want my money. She switched my face products to cerave. I was previously using clean and clear.20161219_183320.jpg

20161219_162741.jpg

MemberMember
(@amrit-saini)

Posted : 12/20/2016 12:42 am

Woo woo woo hold on. That's nothing. Just some little acne. Cover it with Tape or something like bandage overnight and it will go away.

Why cover it?

because when you will convert it that part of your skin will be attacked by white blood cells because of absence of oxygen and healing process will double up cause white blood cells will fight with those acne bacteria and will probably win overnight.

And Try to use Dove Soap for Face. It's the best.

MemberMember
(@safariprincess)

Posted : 12/20/2016 2:04 am

1 hour ago, Amrit Saini said:

Woo woo woo hold on. That's nothing. Just some little acne. Cover it with Tape or something like bandage overnight and it will go away.

Why cover it?

because when you will convert it that part of your skin will be attacked by white blood cells because of absence of oxygen and healing process will double up cause white blood cells will fight with those acne bacteria and will probably win overnight.

And Try to use Dove Soap for Face. It's the best.

are you sure it's acne? Its been there for months and has only spread, you can't pop it and it does not get better.. its kind of rough. thanks

The first picture is what I'm talking about. The second is just regular zits and marks.

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 12/20/2016 6:19 am

Does it itch at all? Burn? It could be some kind of yeast rash. Have you tried lotrimin cream on it?

MemberMember
(@safariprincess)

Posted : 12/20/2016 7:03 am

43 minutes ago, TheBean said:

Does it itch at all? Burn? It could be some kind of yeast rash. Have you tried lotrimin cream on it?

it doesnt, it's kind of just there and has been progressing for a year.. so weird!

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 12/20/2016 8:40 am

A year? Go get checked out. It's probably some form of dermatitis and is probably treatable with a topical cream.

MemberMember
(@safariprincess)

Posted : 12/20/2016 11:20 am

I did go to the dermatologist all the information and medication she gave me is listed above but she gave me all kinds of acne stuff and didn't tell me what it is.

Picture of more of the bumpiness

20161220_102351.jpg

It's slowly spreading it started as a very small area.

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 12/20/2016 8:05 pm

Ugh. I would try for another doctor. I'm with you on this one. It doesn't look like acne and what you've described doesn't behave like it either.

MemberMember
(@safariprincess)

Posted : 12/20/2016 10:09 pm

Dang.. I just shelled out 40 bucks for this tiny jar of finacea. I'm scared to keep throwing money away on this. Maybe this is a new skin dissorder and I'm the first to have it and there's nothing that can be done and my entire face is going to be alligator skin.

They don't look like tiny pus filed balls like milia does to me... it just looks like textured skin? Also I'm very healthy, I powerlift and I'm vegan.

MemberMember
(@naturalcure1)

Posted : 12/21/2016 2:23 am

You should look into the oil cleansing method, it pulls all of the toxins out of the skin. Worked wonders for me!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@rikime)

Posted : 12/21/2016 9:43 am

It doesn't look like acne to me... Maybe some sort of eczema? Can you see a different doctor?

MemberMember
(@safariprincess)

Posted : 12/22/2016 7:29 am

Does some eczema not itch? This just feels rough

MemberMember
(@rikime)

Posted : 12/22/2016 10:39 am

Hmmm I don't know to be honest, but it looks like a rash, not acne. Could your skin be reacting to one of the products?

MemberMember
(@safariprincess)

Posted : 12/22/2016 1:56 pm

She said she thinks it's from using clean and clear and that I possibly abused my skin with it. But I think it's on my chest too now.

1 minute ago, Safariprincess said:

She said she thinks it's from using clean and clear and that I possibly abused my skin with it. But I think it's on my chest too now. I never used it on my chest... idk what's going on I had seen my gp before the dermatologist.  Concerned this is just a new thing that doesn't exist yet.

Screenshot_20161222-125709.png

Could your skin do this from sun damage maybe?

MemberMember
(@safariprincess)

Posted : 12/26/2016 1:07 pm

I have religiously applied triamcinolone twice a day for almost a week to the areas and the bumps seem to have gotten better if not completely disappeared all together. Does this mean it's eczema? When do I stopay, I hear this stuff can cause wrinkles.

PhotoGrid_1482775433949.png

PhotoGrid_1482775339590.png

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 12/26/2016 1:44 pm

It might have been keratosis pilaris it causes small flesh like bumps which feel rough they come and go, they appear during change in weather etc.

MemberMember
(@safariprincess)

Posted : 12/26/2016 8:17 pm

6 hours ago, VulneraryRain said:

It might have been keratosis pilaris it causes small flesh like bumps which feel rough they come and go, they appear during change in weather etc.

I just googled and think this might be what it is! Maybe a very mild version? It's been on my face and slowly spreading for over a year but hopefully this is what it is. Thanks!