Notifications
Clear all

Needing Some Advice

MemberMember
(@ironmotivation)

Posted : 07/21/2016 8:18 pm

Hello,

I am looking for some advice. I've been suffering severe cystic acne for over 2 years now, and have too many hypertrophic scars on my shoulders to count. The cysts noware primarily on my face mainly cheeks. I've tried alot of remedies including:Zinc, Vitamin E/D, Multivitamins, Minocycline/ Doxycycline 100mg (which both didn't stop them completely). I currently use CeraVE lotion after washing my face, Sulfur Soap twice a day, sometimes BP as a spot treatment along with using those supplements (starting NAC). I exercise nearly everyday, get 6+ hours of sleep, have not too much stress, and eat a clean (no fast food or high fat foods) diet, drink 2+ liters of water a day. Currently I have random "spells" of dryness when my skin gets so irritated and dry even with lotion. (Is it because of the sulfur soap?) And do you think I should try using L-Cysteine + low doses of B5?

Any advice would be welcomed,
Thank you for your time.

MemberMember
(@ironmotivation)

Posted : 07/23/2016 10:54 am

Well I was an idiot! After writing this post i began to think. Sulfur soap was drying my face out so much that I couldn't use any other treatments. Which the irritation created more cysts. Now I can use my treatments!

Thinking out loud really helps sometimes!