Notifications
Clear all

Does lemon lighten skin?

MemberMember
(@moee91)

Posted : 06/27/2016 6:58 pm

How many shades can it lighen the skin and also how many months will it take to work thanks

MemberMember
(@kari1987)

Posted : 06/28/2016 1:13 am

It's supposed to, but I haven't had any luck with it.

MemberMember
(@moee91)

Posted : 06/28/2016 2:26 pm

13 hours ago, Kari1987 said:

How long you used it for and did it lighten it Atall? If so by how many shades and which ethnicity are you?thanks

MemberMember
(@kari1987)

Posted : 06/28/2016 5:31 pm

I am light skinned. I used diluted lemon essential oil for several months on some old facial discoloration. There was no change.

3 hours ago, Moee91 said:
16 hours ago, Kari1987 said:

How long you used it for and did it lighten it Atall? If so by how many shades and which ethnicity are you?thanks

MemberMember
(@elegantelise)

Posted : 07/01/2016 8:31 am

In my experience, it does lighten skin slightly, but not dramatically. Lemon is extremely acidic, so repeated application of lemon juice may dry out your skin and make it tight and flaky. Also, if you do decide to try lemon to lighten your skin, remember to use sunscreen if you go outside, since lemon can make the skin photosensitive. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@acnecontrolteam)

Posted : 07/06/2016 1:59 pm

In theory yes it does, however do be careful with how much you use as it can make your skin irritable and sensitive to the sun. In my experience, applying lemon and honey on my face in the morning helps radiate my face and gives a beautiful glow. I have a dark skin tone, like a medium brown and applying lemon does, over time, make my skin vaguley lighter