Notifications
Clear all

Using Epiduo, losing hope

MemberMember
(@uncannyscience)

Posted : 06/16/2016 10:57 pm

Hello guys this is my first time posting here in this website but i've been reading some of the posts here ever since i got acne, which has been for a couple of years now (2 years), anyways, I've been prescribed epiduo, and it's been 2 weeks, i might try to post updates here to help others who are also on epiduo see how long it would take for it to work (in my case). Although i'm getting less hopeful day by day, i haven't really seen any improvement since i've used this so help guys :<< warning the pictures aren't for the fainthearted :(( viewer discretion is advised IMG_7379.JPGIMG_7380.JPG

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 06/17/2016 1:44 pm

Hey,

It's been 2 weeks? Don't worry. Thus is perfectly normal. Unfortunately it's the "initial breakout" which is feared by many. What were you using before epiduo?

Also I think posting updates onto this is a great idea!

MemberMember
(@ironmotivation)

Posted : 06/17/2016 8:57 pm

Yes, I agree with the above user, it is the type of "break in" stage beginning with any new treatment you do, don't worry, if this is your case then it will end soon.

MemberMember
(@uncannyscience)

Posted : 06/18/2016 6:32 am

Thanks guys for replying :) !! It really means a lot to me 

For MissSac17's question: Actually Epiduo is the first legit treatment that i got prescribed from a dermatologist, before this treatment i had used some topicals that were also given by the dermatologist. The topicals worked for a while, but after a few months i had a major breakout so i went to the dermatologist. She was also shocked thus resulting to her giving me a prescription for epiduo :<<< btw my forehead seemed to be very red, and the spots that weren't really visible before started to surface, is this how epiduo works? and i still get pimples though which really bums me out :<

and yeah i'll keep you guys updated maybe every 2weeks :) Fingers crossed that it would really work for me**

For IronMotivation: Thanks for that hopeful response, i do hope that i'd see the light of day soon!

MemberMember
(@user639345)

Posted : 12/25/2017 1:26 am

How did it turn out?