Notifications
Clear all

Worst breakout in my life! Help!!

MemberMember
(@ahnhyojin_le)

Posted : 06/09/2016 6:47 am

Hi! I have an acne prone skin and gets zits every menstruation. I also had acne on jawline but it was already cleared. Until some tiny bumps got on my face. There were many of it tbh. And those tiny bumps turned into large cystic acne!! 

I need help! My doc prescribed me doxy for 2 weeks and injected steroids on large cysts but i think it didnt work :( my family and friends kept on telling me, "your face became gross"

I do have low self esteem and it dropped to zero after I had these :( does laser treatments work?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 06/09/2016 10:51 am

I have never tried any laser to sort my acne out but lots of people here on the boards have had success with the Acne.org Regimen and also with Accutane.

My advice would be to research on them both to see if it is something you are interested to try. Acne.org regimen has worked to clear me and stay clear for more than 3 years now.

MemberMember
(@ahnhyojin_le)

Posted : 06/09/2016 12:21 pm

1 hour ago, nicmic62 said:

I have never tried any laser to sort my acne out but lots of people here on the boards have had success with the Acne.org Regimen and also with Accutane.

My advice would be to research on them both to see if it is something you are interested to try. Acne.org regimen has worked to clear me and stay clear for more than 3 years now.

Does the regimen also works for hormonal acne? Thanks for the advice!

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 06/09/2016 12:26 pm

3 minutes ago, ahnhyojin_le said:
1 hour ago, nicmic62 said:

Does the regimen also works for hormonal acne? Thanks for the advice!

It does! My acne is hormonal and the regimen has done very well to control it over the years. When my period is coming up I do get one or two spots but they go away very fast.

To be honest, it is not an easy regimen to get into so make sure you do your research and make sure you can fully commit to the products and the whole process.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/09/2016 7:39 pm

Give it a try why not?
Sorry your family says such rude stuff, someone should tell them how hurtful it is.

MemberMember
(@ahnhyojin_le)

Posted : 06/09/2016 9:52 pm

2 hours ago, snarkygirl said:

Give it a try why not?
Sorry your family says such rude stuff, someone should tell them how hurtful it is.

Yes. And their facial expressions when they saw me makes more depressed. It's like I have some contagious disease. Anyway I will do more research regarding laser. :)

9 hours ago, nicmic62 said:
It does! My acne is hormonal and the regimen has done very well to control it over the years. When my period is coming up I do get one or two spots but they go away very fast. 

To be honest, it is not an easy regimen to get into so make sure you do your research and make sure you can fully commit to the products and the whole process.

Oh wow you're from Philippines? If yes, ako din :)

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 06/10/2016 9:52 am

11 hours ago, ahnhyojin_le said:
21 hours ago, nicmic62 said:

Oh wow you're from Philippines? If yes, ako din :)

Same!!!

Born and raised sa Cebu pero since last year nandito na ako sa Canada. Welcome to Acne.org!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/11/2016 6:35 pm

On 6/9/2016 at 7:47 AM, ahnhyojin_le said:

Hi! I have an acne prone skin and gets zits every menstruation. I also had acne on jawline but it was already cleared. Until some tiny bumps got on my face. There were many of it tbh. And those tiny bumps turned into large cystic acne!! 

I need help! My doc prescribed me doxy for 2 weeks and injected steroids on large cysts but i think it didnt work :( my family and friends kept on telling me, "your face became gross"

I do have low self esteem and it dropped to zero after I had these :( does laser treatments work?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

If you are not able to see a derm soon, I too would recommend the regimen (but only if your skin is not sensitive or you don't have eczema).   I would also say for the heck of it, give in to diet changes for 3-4 months (you may be one of the lucky ones)

If in 3-4 months there is minimal improvement, bite the bullet and go see a derm as your acne is a scarring type and while acne can go away for many, scars are a lot more persistent and much more expensive to treat.

Hugs

MemberMember
(@ahnhyojin_le)

Posted : 06/13/2016 12:59 am

On June 12, 2016 at 7:35 AM, leelowe1 said:
If you are not able to see a derm soon, I too would recommend the regimen (but only if your skin is not sensitive or you don't have eczema). I would also say for the heck of it, give in to diet changes for 3-4 months (you may be one of the lucky ones)

If in 3-4 months there is minimal improvement, bite the bullet and go see a derm as your acne is a scarring type and while acne can go away for many, scars are a lot more persistent and much more expensive to treat.

Hugs

I am gradually changing my diet but I cant avoid milk because i have scoliosis. I am more worried on the scars but i am very eager to treat my pimples first and worry on the scars later.

thank you

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/13/2016 7:55 am

6 hours ago, ahnhyojin_le said:
I am gradually changing my diet but I cant avoid milk because i have scoliosis. I am more worried on the scars but i am very eager to treat my pimples first and worry on the scars later.

thank you

can you take calcium supplements instead? Many of us swear even small amounts of dairy cause flare ups. For me even a tablespoon of coffee creamer causes cysts. Maybe avoid it for just a few weeks?

MemberMember
(@ahnhyojin_le)

Posted : 06/15/2016 9:40 pm

[UPDATE]
After 2 sessions of laser avne treatment, my cystic acne are all gone now! My biggest problem now is how to clear these scars~

MemberMember
(@pat)

Posted : 06/16/2016 5:18 pm

Denise2 postGreat Acne Treatment; the Best, actually is worth reading on this subject.

MemberMember
(@kari1987)

Posted : 06/17/2016 12:14 am

I wish family members understood what it is like to deal with such painful skin! Why are they saying those things when they should be supporting you? Ugg... well, the one thing that got rid of my hormonal breakouts was Wild Yam Oil. My doctor wouldn't prescribe me Spiro, so I researched alternative options and decided to try something natural. I didn't expect much, but was amazed when It actually started to help.

MemberMember
(@eyeback)

Posted : 06/20/2016 12:42 pm

On 15/06/2016 at 10:40 PM, ahnhyojin_le said:

[UPDATE]
After 2 sessions of laser avne treatment, my cystic acne are all gone now! My biggest problem now is how to clear these scars~

can you post pictures please ?

MemberMember
(@ahnhyojin_le)

Posted : 06/22/2016 8:18 pm

On 2016…„ 6›” 21¼ at 1:42 AM, Eyeback said:
On 2016…„ 6›” 16¼ at 10:40 AM, ahnhyojin_le said:

[UPDATE]

can you post pictures please ?

Here. It's a lot lesser than before. I got new zits because I'm on PMS :( but i really love it because my juge bumps were all red scars (and my problem now are these red scars /sighs/)

image.jpeg

On 2016…„ 6›” 17¼ at 1:14 PM, Kari1987 said:

I wish family members understood what it is like to deal with such painful skin! Why are they saying those things when they should be supporting you? Ugg... well, the one thing that got rid of my hormonal breakouts was Wild Yam Oil. My doctor wouldn't prescribe me Spiro, so I researched alternative options and decided to try something natural. I didn't expect much, but was amazed when It actually started to help.

If you saw their facial expressions on how disgusted they are on my face. It hurts tbh. Btw, where can I buy wild yam oil?

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/22/2016 8:39 pm

20 minutes ago, ahnhyojin_le said:
Here. It's a lot lesser than before. I got new zits because I'm on PMS :( but i really love it because my juge bumps were all red scars (and my problem now are these red scars /sighs/)

image.jpeg

If you saw their facial expressions on how disgusted they are on my face. It hurts tbh. Btw, where can I buy wild yam oil?

You can get it in health stores around hete idk where you live. You can always order it online too.

MemberMember
(@kari1987)

Posted : 06/25/2016 12:11 pm

On 6/22/2016 at 7:18 PM, ahnhyojin_le said:

image.jpeg

sorry, I've been out of cell reception for the last week (family vacation). I use this wild yam oil:  https://www.etsy.com/listing/58323959/wild-yam-oil-100-vegan-natural-and?ref=shop_home_active_3

MemberMember
(@ahnhyojin_le)

Posted : 07/09/2016 6:03 am

[Update]

the laser treatment worked for me. Deep red acne scars are now my problem (and of course some white/blackeheads). I searched that aloe vera helps in reducing the red scars so i'll try it out too soon :)

thank you for the advices and alternatives too :)

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/09/2016 9:38 am

Awesome :)