Notifications
Clear all

Is Sweating and being in the heat/swimming okay?

MemberMember
(@officejerk)

Posted : 06/03/2016 11:43 pm

So I have been using the treatment for 2 weeks and I was wondering, since I an more of an outsider that loves sports, is being outside in the sun okay while sweating? Does it affect my acne and it's treatment or is it okay? Also how about if I went swimming, will the water and chlorine affect me?

MemberMember
(@officejerk)

Posted : 06/04/2016 4:11 pm

So sunscreen isn't bad for acne? And I just want to look better @Chloe123

MemberMember
(@lee00001)

Posted : 06/05/2016 5:30 pm

I have inflammatory acne and I'm involved with some kind of sport/exercise everyday. I actually find working up a sweat helps calm down breakouts and makes my skin feel tonnes better.

My advice is to make sure that, as soon as you've finished whatever sport you're doing, you wash your face in cool water (cold showers are ideal) to cool your body temperature and direct blood away from the skin; then follow with a good moisturiser. Don't wait. I found that when I waited too long to wash afterwards, it would cause a lot of oil production in response to the drying effect; which then caused subsequent breakouts.

As for sun. Dermatologists have warned me against sun exposure for years but I find that my acne clears up significantly when I'm in the sun a lot. Just make sure you eat lots of colorful fruit/orange vegetables/tea as these all contain sun protective anti-oxidants (honestly makes a big difference). Avoid alcohol in the daytime because drinking it reduces antioxidant levels in the skin very quickly.

Also as Chloe says, Paula's Choice SPF moistuisers would be very good additions!

MemberMember
(@officejerk)

Posted : 06/05/2016 11:05 pm

Thank you both!

But how about swimming? especial in chlorine for I heard it makes your skin dryer?

MemberMember
(@zaaacdy)

Posted : 06/06/2016 5:49 am

Always use sunscreen especially when youre under the sun. I use the aveeno baby sunblock spf 50, its a physical sunscreen and its really waterproof. Although, it will give a white cast on your face as it contains titanum and zinc oxide.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 06/06/2016 5:55 am

6 hours ago, Officejerk said:

Thank you both!

But how about swimming? especial in chlorine for I heard it makes your skin dryer?

many people find chlorine and sea water help their acne a lot :) . If you are worried about it on your face wear a hat. 

MemberMember
(@officejerk)

Posted : 06/07/2016 7:22 pm

Cool! Thank you all! <3