Notifications
Clear all

Dermatologist told it's OK to squeeze pustules! I've always been warned against it!

MemberMember
(@bee4acne)

Posted : 05/06/2016 4:27 pm

I went to a different dermatologist today to get advice about scarring and I happened to have a pustule with an obvious White head in my left cheek. He told me that it is OK to squeeze superficial pustules as they will not leave a permanent scar. His theory is that it is only pimples deeper in the skin that cause scarring. He said it will heal much quicker if the pus is gone.

i thought I was dreaming. Surely he's not right?? It goes completely against anything I've ever been told.

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 05/07/2016 12:49 am

Quite right,having pus is an infection,anywhere else in your body that becomes infected and pus filled,a doctor won't say "oh we will leave it in there" they will clear the pus as a matter of urgency,they will clear the infection as well to stop it spreading.
What's wrong will gently piercing the skin with a sterilized needle and removing the pus,have you any scars from an injection or blood test,pus is a poison in your body and I always squeezed deep down pus filled huge spots,if you leave it there it destroys the skin/tissue hence scars ,my photo ( posts )shows the result of squeezing constantly for 10 years and another 30 years occasionally squeezing and I wasn't just breaking the skin,I had to insert a needle 1/4 inside and eject the pus every 6 hours for 2 or 3 days and I have zero scars.