Notifications
Clear all

Salicylic acid peel 10%

MemberMember
(@nbi126)

Posted : 04/10/2016 8:55 am

Hi, i have been doing a salicylic peel for the past 2 wks (once a wk). No frosting has occurred. No purging as well. No peeling even. This is quite strange since my skin is acne-prone. Any thoughts on this?

MemberMember
(@jazzguy)

Posted : 04/10/2016 9:50 pm

Not everyone has visible/sideeffectreaction to treatment so I wouldn't worry....the key question...do you feel that there has been any effect on your acne?

MemberMember
(@mainaf2016)

Posted : 06/22/2016 4:31 am

On April 11, 2016 at 8:50 AM, Jazzguy said:

Not everyone has visible/side effect reaction to treatment so I wouldn't worry....the key question...do you feel that there has been any effect on your acne?

hii i wanted to know if 10% salicylic peel can clean out clogged enlarged pores on nose???? My nose used to b slightly oily and using wrong skincare resulted in clogged enlarged pores on my nose. I used bha liquid for 2 months which along with comedone extractor has helped me some what to reduce the enlarged pores but still there. My nose is now DRY and i moisturise day and night,using pc bha lotion now instead of liquid and wondering if getting a SALICYLIC PEEL like 10% CAN DEEP CLEAN MY PORES ON MY nose!!!! Pls help me..image.jpegimage.jpeg

MemberMember
(@jazzguy)

Posted : 06/22/2016 7:46 pm

So my opinion is that salicylic acid should help clean out your pores but regular use of a standard salicylic acid product is probably better than any one off peel type treatment. The other thing to try to help clear out pores is one of those blackhead removal sticker products that you stick on over your nose and peel off shortly thereafter but that would be similar to just using your extractor. Good luck 🙂

MemberMember
(@mainaf2016)

Posted : 06/22/2016 11:05 pm

3 hours ago, Jazzguy said:

So my opinion is that salicylic acid should help clean out your pores but regular use of a standard salicylic acid product is probably better than any one off peel type treatment. The other thing to try to help clear out pores is one of those blackhead removal sticker products that you stick on over your nose and peel off shortly thereafter but that would be similar to just using your extractor. Good luck 🙂

thank u. So much. Hope i can fix my problem

MemberMember
(@mainaf2016)

Posted : 06/23/2016 2:16 am

Hi jazzguy.. I was researching on google and came across ISOLAZ LASER THERAPY which uses vacuum and also light therapy to clean out pores. Do u think it is better than chemical peel for pore cleaning???! Kind of confused?? Because this is not available in my country and i llhave to do it on my vacation so i can just do it once...pls help me if u can..once time salicylic peel or isolaz??!!! I hate attached a pic of my pores..all over my nose i have these  enlarged pores .. From my own mistake i regret so much..image.jpeg

Just now, Mainaf2016 said:

Hi jazzguy.. I was researching on google and came across ISOLAZ LASER THERAPY which uses vacuum and also light therapy to clean out pores. Do u think it is better than chemical peel for pore cleaning???! Kind of confused?? Because this is not available in my country and i llhave to do it on my vacation so i can just do it once...pls help me if u can..once time salicylic peel or isolaz??!!! I hate attached a pic of my pores..all over my nose i have these  enlarged pores .. From my own mistake i regret so much..image.jpeg

6 hours ago, Jazzguy said:

So my opinion is that salicylic acid should help clean out your pores but regular use of a standard salicylic acid product is probably better than any one off peel type treatment.  The other thing to try to help clear out pores is one of those blackhead removal sticker products that you stick on over your nose and peel off shortly thereafter but that would be similar to just using your extractor.  Good luck 🙂

MemberMember
(@jazzguy)

Posted : 06/23/2016 6:01 pm

Hi Mainaf2016, I don't have any experience of laser treatments socan't advise you on what to do there sorry. I'd tend to stick to a treatment available at home. Just be cautious if you do seek any treatments out of your home country...try to assure yourself that the clinicians are legitimate and properly qualified.

And...it's a cliche but try not to be too critical of yourself...I don't think I would notice your pores meeting you in personuntil you point them out 🙂

MemberMember
(@mainaf2016)

Posted : 06/24/2016 12:50 am

6 hours ago, Jazzguy said:

Hi Mainaf2016, I don't have any experience of laser treatments socan't advise you on what to do there sorry. I'd tend to stick to a treatment available at home. Just be cautious if you do seek any treatments out of your home country...try to assure yourself that the clinicians are legitimate and properly qualified.

And...it's a cliche but try not to be too critical of yourself...I don't think I would notice your pores meeting you in personuntil you point them out 🙂

thank u jazzguy... Thats really sweet of u.. Actually my pores look worse with makeup.. Without makeup they look okay.. I am thinking of trying out isolaz treatment to deep clean my pores... Fingers crossed. The derm in thailand has recommended that to me seeing my pictures... Pls pray that it goes well.. Very worried.