Notifications
Clear all

What kind of acne do I have? (w/Pictures)

MemberMember
(@matts-acne)

Posted : 03/25/2016 2:43 pm

Hey everybody. So I think the first step in really trying to fight my acne is trying to figure out what kind I have. More specifically marks left on my face after previous pimples. Im more concerned with the marks on my face and I've done research on this site and on google to try to determine the issue I'm having. I either have acne scars/marks, or hyperpigmentation according to this site. Below are some pictures of my face and I just need some opinions on what these marks on my face are and what I can do to rid of them. The only solutions Ive read about are facials, microdermabrasions, and chemical peels. Any advice would be great. My current regime for my oily face, is 2.5% benzoyl peroxide, some equate facial scrub, and occasionally Ill put lotion after all this but my skin becomes oily and shiny throughout the day which Is why I choose not to put lotion after the benzoyl peroxide.

Cheek 1.jpg

Cheek 2.jpg

Forehead 2.jpg

Forehead.jpg

MemberMember
(@oldbooksandcats)

Posted : 03/25/2016 8:26 pm

Hello,

It looks like the marks on your forehead are definitely hyperpigmentation. I get marks like that after every single pimple... Dunno why, maybe it's just our skin tone??? lol

I use a serum called Olay Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Treatment. The main ingredient is Vitamin B3. There are a lot of products out there which also contain niacinamide (niacinamide = vit B3). The reason I choose this 1 is because the serum is very thin and absorbs really well into the skin. Also, compared to other serums sold in supermarkets, it has a pretty high concentration of vitamin B3 (it is the 2nd ingredient). It is readily available at most drugstores/supermarkets in the U.S.

I put it onto my spots after the benzoyl peroxide, but before my moisturizer. It takes a few weeks, maybe 2-3, for the spots to fade.

MemberMember
(@matts-acne)

Posted : 03/26/2016 9:05 pm

Thanks for the advice!