Notifications
Clear all

Does acne go away with time?

MemberMember
(@yoryi)

Posted : 01/14/2016 5:59 pm

Hi everyone:
I was wondering if any of you have got rid of their acne "magically". With this I am talking about getting rid of acne by doing nothing, just by probably outgrowing this common teenager problem. If so, at what age did you start noticing positive changes? Ive had acne since I was 15, now I am 21, and just thought that by this moment in my life my hormones would be under control, as well as my acne. Also, is there any way to know if my acne is hormonal?

Thanks.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 01/14/2016 9:03 pm

Yes, for the majority of people, acne clears up on its own, when the body stops signaling pores to clog and oil glands to overproduce. Of course, this is different for everyone but acne at age 21 is not uncommon. My acne finally resolved at age 36. Just FYI, acne past age 30 is not very common so odds are yours will clear up well before then.

yoryi liked
MemberMember
(@yoryi)

Posted : 01/14/2016 10:53 pm

1 hour ago, DeLovely said:

Just FYI, acne past age 30 is not very common so odds are yours will clear up well before then.

Thanks for your help! You give me the hope I need so much at the moment. (sorry, for some reason I couldnt write below this so it appears as quote of your comment).

MemberMember
(@judith_paddy)

Posted : 01/15/2016 5:19 pm

Hi. I got acne since I was 10. It sucked. But my acne got worse when I was 19-20. Now I am 23 and my skin is much better. I still got acne, but not as much as before and I think maybe it's because my skin type. I have a very oily skin, so I am prone to acne..

Oh, and for your second question, if your acne is because hormone, you will get acne most along your jawline. I know because I used to have hormonal acne. Now my skin is much better and lately I am really into DIY face mask and my skin is almost clear now. Hope it help..
MemberMember
(@yoryi)

Posted : 01/15/2016 8:48 pm

3 hours ago, judith_paddy said:

But my acne got worse when I was 19-20. Now I am 23 and my skin is much better.

Hi, thanks a lot for your answer. I just wanted to know what else have you done to your skin appart from face masks to get clear skin.

MemberMember
(@luke89)

Posted : 01/15/2016 9:37 pm

MemberMember
(@judith_paddy)

Posted : 01/16/2016 11:29 am

14 hours ago, yoryi said:
17 hours ago, judith_paddy said:

Hi again. I used to use Benzoyl Peroxide Cream for my acne. But please don't forget to use moisturizer cream after that because Benzoyl Peroxide can dry your skin, even if you have a very oily skin like me. Just use moisturizer that is made for oily skin (water based, not oil based). And if you have a bad habit like "picking pimples", please stop it because it will just make it worse. And for face mask, this is my recipe: I use 2 tbs cooked oatmeal, 1 tbs honey, 2/3 tbs skim milk, 4 drops tea tree oil (important). Mix them all and apply all over your face for 15 minutes and then rinse them with water and then apply your skin care products (toner, moisturizer, etc). I do this almost everynight before I go to bed and it really reduce the size and redness of my pimples from the very first time I used this mask. Or you can also try honey and propolis. Just mix 1 tbs of honey and 1 drop of propolis (don't use propolis too much, one drop is enough). Leave it for 30 minutes and then rinse. I hope you'll be clear soon..