Notifications
Clear all

Small zits that turn bigger

MemberMember
(@jilliancm)

Posted : 01/12/2016 4:26 pm

So, around my chin and under the corners of my mouth, I get these tiny tiny little bumps that are only visible when I look at myself super close or stretch my skin. I used to try to pop them, but I realized that made them turn into not huge, but a decently sized zit that gets a white head and gets inflamed and scabs over if I pick it. I hate it!!! So lately I've been leaving them alone, but I notice that even when I do leave them alone, they still grow into a bigger zit, just much, much slower. I did accutane from October 2013-April 2014 and the results were amazing and I would only get PMS zits, but not bad ones at all. Those results lasted for a while but now I have been breaking out since thanksgiving 2015!! I've tried Murad sulfer spot treatment and Kate Somerville sulfer/isopropyl alcohol spot teeatment, along with benzoyl peroxide treatments and although they work fairly well on bigger zits, they just can't zap the small little guys! Can anyone relate, and if so, did you try to treat them?

oyinkan98 liked
MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 01/12/2016 4:56 pm

28 minutes ago, Jilliancm said:

So, around my chin and under the corners of my mouth, I get these tiny tiny little bumps that are only visible when I look at myself super close or stretch my skin. I used to try to pop them, but I realized that made them turn into not huge, but a decently sized zit that gets a white head and gets inflamed and scabs over if I pick it. I hate it!!! So lately I've been leaving them alone, but I notice that even when I do leave them alone, they still grow into a bigger zit, just much, much slower. I did accutane from October 2013-April 2014 and the results were amazing and I would only get PMS zits, but not bad ones at all. Those results lasted for a while but now I have been breaking out since thanksgiving 2015!! I've tried Murad sulfer spot treatment and Kate Somerville sulfer/isopropyl alcohol spot teeatment, along with benzoyl peroxide treatments and although they work fairly well on bigger zits, they just can't zap the small little guys! Can anyone relate, and if so, did you try to treat them?

We are in the same boat, around my mouth and chin area, some on my nose and used to be around my eyebrows before. I use BP too, and it seems to be working but it takes a long time. I think the skin is probably irritated, try using aloe vera or tea tree oil.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 01/13/2016 9:35 am

I agree with Oyinkan, probably irritation from messing with the area too much. The same thing has happened to me. Sometimes getting rid of the matter under the skin can bring about faster healing but in these situations where the zit or bump is so small they aren't visible to anyone but you, it's usually best to leave alone or risk making the problem worse, as you're discovering.

A couple of the pores around my mouth sometimes fill up with a stringy, white matter, and not even sure if this is acne-related. But if I irritate them too much, they can get inflamed and form a zit. Like you said, no one else can see them so I've learned to just leave them alone, they don't bother me and they don't look terrible. It's more knowing that there's something trapped under your skin that doesn't belong that is bothersome.

So yeah, I can relate. 🙂