Notifications
Clear all

Does Benzoyl Peroxide Cause Premature Aging?

MemberMember
(@youngclearskinuser300)

Posted : 01/04/2016 3:20 pm

So I really wanna try the regimen but I've read that it causes premature aging. Has anybody used benzoyl peroxide for a long time and experiences this?

MemberMember
(@claydog)

Posted : 01/04/2016 3:45 pm

Benzoyl peroxide can cause premature aging if you have sensitive skin that become irritate and dry easily. Having constant dry and flaky/irritated will lead to wrinkles in the long-run. You can always try over-the-counter benzoyl peroxide treatments to test your sensitivity. If your skin becomes irritated within a month of using, I would look for alternatives.

MemberMember
(@youngclearskinuser300)

Posted : 01/05/2016 4:57 pm

On Mon Jan 04 2016 1321 GMT-0700, Claydog said:

Benzoyl peroxide can cause premature aging if you have sensitive skin that become irritate and dry easily. Having constant dry and flaky/irritated will lead to wrinkles in the long-run. You can always try over-the-counter benzoyl peroxide treatments to test your sensitivity. If your skin becomes irritated within a month of using, I would look for alternatives.

Ok thanks what alternatives would you consider I use if it did irritate my skin?

MemberMember
(@claydog)

Posted : 01/05/2016 6:45 pm

Salicylic acid based products would is proven to be effective for acne. I personally use:

This cleanser every other night..

and

This peel once or twice a month.

These two products along with drinking plenty of water and avoiding dairy is enough to keep my acne at bay.

On the days that I don't use the above cleanser, I use a mild face cleanser and moisturizer (daily).

MemberMember
(@militia890)

Posted : 01/05/2016 8:07 pm

Benzoyl peroxide doesn't cause aging. Dry skin causes aging. Both benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid will dry your skin out. Both are effective at treating acne and you can avoid the dryness by using a good moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@youngclearskinuser300)

Posted : 01/05/2016 8:48 pm

40 minutes ago, Militia890 said:

Benzoyl peroxide doesn't cause aging. Dry skin causes aging. Both benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid will dry your skin out. Both are effective at treating acne and you can avoid the dryness by using a good moisturizer.

Do you think the acne.org moisturizer will be good enough?