Notifications
Clear all

Is a moisturizer necessary?

MemberMember
(@glistenss)

Posted : 01/03/2016 9:30 pm

I haven't been using a moisturizer at night the past few months and my skin was as clear as ever. I always use a morning moisturizer in the morning becauseof the spf in it.Then, once winter came around my skin became dry. It's not extremely dry but my nose and temples do flake. I then decided to use a moisturizer for night to combat the dryness.The next day, I couldn't tell if it was the new moisturizer breaking me out or the new cleanser. I then switched back to by regular cleanser and kept with the moisturizer. My skin is still breaking out. I know that people say skipping moisturizer can cause your oil glands to produce more oil and cause even more pimples, but others say your skin repairs by itself and you don't need a moisturizer at night.Is my mosisturizer breaking me out? Am I just purging? Do I even need a moisturizer at night?

MemberMember
(@geekgirl13)

Posted : 01/03/2016 11:10 pm

1 hour ago, glistenss said:

I haven't been using a moisturizer at night the past few months and my skin was as clear as ever. I always use a morning moisturizer in the morning becauseof the spf in it.Then, once winter came around my skin became dry. It's not extremely dry but my nose and temples do flake. I then decided to use a moisturizer for night to combat the dryness.The next day, I couldn't tell if it was the new moisturizer breaking me out or the new cleanser. I then switched back to by regular cleanser and kept with the moisturizer. My skin is still breaking out. I know that people say skipping moisturizer can cause your oil glands to produce more oil and cause even more pimples, but others say your skin repairs by itself and you don't need a moisturizer at night.Is my mosisturizer breaking me out? Am I just purging? Do I even need a moisturizer at night?

Everyone's skin is different you should do what works for you. It could be a chemical or something in the moisturizer that is irritating your skin? Don't keep using it if you find its making you break out.

At night i use rosehip oil as a moisturizer because it makes my skin feel softer and is natural. After washing my face it just feels too tight and dry and irritated not to moisturize- especially in winter. But others may feel differently. I really think its a personal thing.

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 01/04/2016 8:55 am

I never moisturise, even when I was on my accutane course. My derm says that they will give you acne.

it's a personal choice, but I just don't think I'd risk it