Notifications
Clear all

Acne help:(

MemberMember
(@christina-nguyen)

Posted : 11/19/2015 5:23 am

I have suffered severe acne for 2 yrs. people judge and laugh at my face everyday i go to school. They tell me ill not have a bf because of my bad acne. Idk what to do:( i have tried so many things but it didnt help. My face looks disgusting and i hate looking at ppl when talking to them, afraid that they would stare at my acne and laugh:( i also have many acne scars

image.jpg

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@user496075)

Posted : 11/19/2015 9:06 pm

First of all, don't let your acne run your life. You have to remember that it won't last forever! And honestly, the people you're in school with that make fun of you for your skin, are going to have far more problems once they graduate. If they're so insecure about themselves that they have to make fun of another person, trust me, their issues are far worse than yours. I've been struggling with acne on and off for about 4 years now, but mine didn't start till after I graduated from high school. I just set up my first dermatologist appointment and I'm pretty excited. If you can see a derm, I would highly recommend it. A professional is going to be able to help so much more than anything you read online. Just try not to let it affect you. As cliche as it sounds, your appearance isn't what matters. When you get out of school, those people making fun of you wont matter either. Keep your head up and have confidence even if that's hard to do. You are so much more than your acne. Good luck and I hope things get better for you!

MemberMember
(@carefree)

Posted : 11/19/2015 10:28 pm

hi christina! I've been struggling with acne for the past 10 years, have taken accutane for a number of courses but they'd eventually come back after stopping for a month or two. However, I'vestarted taking vitamin D3 4000IU on a daily basis since 5 months ago and I'm glad to say that my acne is definitely under control now. Sometimes i have no acne at all. Couldn't even believe it myself. I'm not sure whether it'd work for you but it does work for me. I'm just sharing and I hope you'll soon find your remedy too. You can try to read more on vitamin D3 and acne on the net as well,tons of results will show up on this. Goodluck! 🙂

MemberMember
(@savedbyhisgrace)

Posted : 11/20/2015 10:12 pm

Ihad really bad acne (worse than you have right now) for a long time, I tried all kinds of meds to help. It was embarrassing! I hated pics of myself. I have now had acne for 5-7 years, but now I only have mild acne. The one thing that worked for me was this baby rash cream (I have sensitive skin) called desitin. After just 1 week of using it my acne got so much better. I have recommended it to several friends and it has worked for everyone. Hopefully this helps. Before bedI would wash my face with warm water and soap then apply the cream to my face. Wash your face again in the morning. Just remember a guy worthy enough to be abf should not judge based on appearance, but on your character. I have to keep reminding myself of this. NO guy is worthy of me if he is dating or not dating for mylooks. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@rambimbo)

Posted : 11/21/2015 9:34 am

1. I can second the recommendation about Vitamin D. (I wrote about it in this thread.) You can also read about it here or here.
  2. The regimen recommended here works -- but you will need patience and persistence. You may also need to fine tune the regimen to your specific skin needs. For example, I found that I only needed to wash once a day, and I only need to exfoliate once a day (with salycilic acid, 2%), and only need to apply benzoyl peroxide once a day. I don't need the moisturizer. The good news is, that the regimen is simple, so it is easy to make it part of your daily routine, just as you automatically brush your teeth or shower every day.
  3. Get enough sleep! (Not sure if this is a problem for you, but I see many people trying to burn the candle at both ends. This not only causes more stress mentally, but also physically. Too little sleep for too many nights will take a toll on you.)