Notifications
Clear all

WHAT are these bumps?!

MemberMember
(@samson616)

Posted : 11/14/2015 11:42 am

I am looking for help diagnosing what these "zits" really are.  Before I go further, let me say I went to the dermatologist and was given some acne mediation samples to try.  He hardly looked at the zits and I don't want to visit another doctor without doing my own research first! I apologize in advance for any gross details.  This is extremely embarrassing for me!

I am 24 and have always had clear skin.  About a year ago, these small painful bumps started showing up in the "t zone". They're pretty painful and red, and they show up in clumps.  I try not to touch them, but they look filled with something so when I would, they would just ooze clear liquid.  They would fill back up hours later and just look bigger and more inflamed, and seemed to have a yellowish head.  I would almost describe it as a sore. They also take WEEKS to fully go away. Does anyone else have these? I wash my face daily, change my pillow case, and don't wear lots of makeup.  (I never used to do these things, but recently have since these have popped up)

Thanks in advance.

IMG_6191-8.JPG

IMG_6771.JPG

54321 liked
MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 11/14/2015 1:12 pm

In all honesty it looks like acne. It is not heard of o get acne as an adult. Give your acne meds 3-4 months before switching. Also, diet may help you with this hormonal shift so less processed and more whole foods. You could also go going ho and try paleo. I'm 32 and still have acne

good luck

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 11/14/2015 1:48 pm

Acne

MemberMember
(@samson616)

Posted : 11/07/2016 2:10 pm

Thanks.