Notifications
Clear all

Male needs makeup help!

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 11/09/2015 1:41 pm

Hey guys! So I am a man who needs advice with makeup ! I've asked before in the makeup section of this site, but.. Well.. That side of the forum is dead haha!

So basically from Feb 2016-March 2017 I am moving to japan, and have a job were I will be required and have to wear makeup everyday! Now, I have to wear make up a lot now anyway because of my job, but my skin is very very sensitive.

I suffer from acne prone skin and seb derm on my face. The seb derm, especially, flares up when I use heavy heavy makeup and can last for a couple days... However, I wont have a 'couple days' break inbetween as I will be wearing it five/six days a week.

The only makeup that I find doesn't irritate my skin is a light layer of bare minerals foundation, however the foundation I will be using will be heavier and liquid. So, being a man who doesn't really know anything about makeup I have a few questions..

What is the best way to take this makeup off of my face? My skin is way too sensitive to rub wipes on my face. I use cetaphil face wash but I don't think it's strong enough to remove makeup successfully (it doesnt really get it all off when I use a light layer of bare minerals, even). My derm said to use an exfoliator... But obviously I can't exfoliate every day of the week!

So what's a gentle way to remove makeup without constant rubbing and washing?

Also... Does primer beforehand help or not? I've heard it can stop the makeup clogging your pores?

Thanks a lot makeup guru's!

~ a very confused and worried male

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 11/11/2015 7:47 pm

^^

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 11/12/2015 6:58 am

Lucas i've helped you constantly on this site, and I think anyone reading my profile compared to yours will realize I don't argue with anyone, so copying and pasting what I posted to you is just childish.

I really don't understand why you're being such a nasty little man.Stop being a troll and actually contribute to the site.

MemberMember
(@princesshaley)

Posted : 11/12/2015 3:18 pm

I use Aveeno gentle calming foam face wash to take my makeup off everyday. It even takes off all of my mascara so I feel like it is doing the trick. It is super light and feels great so I think that would be a good solution for you!

MemberMember
(@exning)

Posted : 11/13/2015 11:16 am

Ive seen theres a great makeup remover that MyPaleSkin used by the Pixiewoo sisters (i think the company is called pixi)
I personally use jojoba oil and wipe with a plain makeup wipe (i wash the wipe beforehand to remove all the crap they include in it) then go back with a gentle cleaner like cereve or paulas choice

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 11/13/2015 11:59 am

Thanks guys!

i'm rather scared to use another face wash, especially as I know my skin reacts well to the cetaphil I use, although I have heard good things about aveeno! So you find it works well? Hmm i'll check it out I think!

Hmm im a bit wary about using oil, although I have heard that they're brill for removing makeup, athough i've heard so much mixed reviews around oil! I do agree with getting rid of all the crap on the makeup wipe before hand though, my derm said makeup wipes are terrible for your skin!

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 11/13/2015 4:23 pm

-deleted, not worth feeding the troll

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 11/18/2015 9:39 am

Giving this a little bump! Want as many opinions as possible 🙂

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 11/18/2015 7:18 pm

Well that's what i'm asking :) for people

to reccomend the basic/gentle makeup removal washes they use.

and unfortunately I have no say in what makeup I can use :) it will be heavy stage-like makeup