Notifications
Clear all

What Is This?

MemberMember
(@energetictear)

Posted : 08/28/2015 11:31 am

Hey everyone!

So, things have been going pretty good lately. I've gotten a few minor blemishes but nothing big. However, a few days ago, two whiteheads showed up on the right side of my face, right under my lip. So I waited a few days and one of them was ready to pop. So I went ahead and did it veeeeeery slowly and veeeeeery carefully, and managed to get a lot of puss out. So, after I popped it, I put on my normal facial medicine and also put some Neosporin on the pimple I popped, because I read somewhere that it helps, and it does. So, the next morning, I wake up and find... This.

post-483066-0-32242000-1440779166.jpg

Now, this is probably not a good picture because it's hard to see, and I'm sure it just looks like it's come to a big head. But the yellow/greenish bubble (?) is hard, like a shell. Trust me. I try poking it softly, rubbing it, it just doesn't seem to want to come off. Which I'm fine with. I'm content waiting this baby out. But I'd like to know what exactly it is! Maybe a scar or scab or something? I'm sorry if I can't give a more accurate description of it.

Here's one more that shows a closer look:

post-483066-0-07654500-1440779499.jpg

MemberMember
(@dan-crow)

Posted : 08/28/2015 12:57 pm

It appears to be a white head and I wouldn't advise you to pick at it or pop it. Let it subside on its own as horrible looking as it is to look at. Try dabbing tea trea oil on it with a q-tip so it dries out. If you can swing it look into Paula's choice BHA and AHA exfoliators they will certainly help prevent these coming to head.

MemberMember
(@awwdear)

Posted : 08/28/2015 3:11 pm

if it's hard, it can be a scab. whiteheads are usually more white than yellow (at least in my case), and sometimes when i pop a pimple but it's not 100% gone yet i get yellowish scabs that can be easily confused with a white head. if it's hard and kind of dry, just leave it there and probably it'll fall off after a few days.

of course, it can be something else, it's hard to tell from just a picture.

MemberMember
(@energetictear)

Posted : 08/28/2015 4:07 pm

if it's hard, it can be a scab. whiteheads are usually more white than yellow (at least in my case), and sometimes when i pop a pimple but it's not 100% gone yet i get yellowish scabs that can be easily confused with a white head. if it's hard and kind of dry, just leave it there and probably it'll fall off after a few days.

It's definitely hard and dry, so you're probably right. Thanks for the help! Now all I have to do is wait. Which will be torture.

MemberMember
(@awwdear)

Posted : 08/28/2015 4:18 pm

It's definitely hard and dry, so you're probably right. Thanks for the help! Now all I have to do is wait. Which will be torture.

you're welcome. and don't worry, it doesn't look bad at all. it'll probably be gone within a few days.