Notifications
Clear all

Life Span For An Acne Cyst On Cheek?

MemberMember
(@sankofa1)

Posted : 07/21/2015 12:05 pm

So...the past two days I have been with a giant red sac like bump on my cheek. Embarrased so I been hiding out in my house. Ibuprofen has not worked nor cold or hot compresses. Cant get a derm apptmnt till a week or so. What can I do and how long will these buggers usually last for. it looks like a freakn mole on my face

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 07/21/2015 1:13 pm

believe it or not, this is why I have two derm offices going- if one can't get me in I go to the other! I just get no relief with anything but an injection...you could call everyday and ask if they have a cancel....they may take pity on you!

icing seems to work for many, just haven't had any luck with that myself

MemberMember
(@sankofa1)

Posted : 07/21/2015 1:22 pm

so r u saying without the injection they dnt go?

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 07/21/2015 4:18 pm

These kind of lesions take forever to heal because the infections are so deep below the skin and are often causing extreme inflammation that prevents normal healing. Cortisone injections dramatically reduces the inflammation, allowing the skin to heal itself more effectively. These injections can often be enough to make the cyst/nodule disappear in about 48-72 hours (redness should remain however). This doesn't mean the cyst/nodule won't come back, unfortunately cortisone shots don't prevent cysts or clear the infections that brought on the blemish to begin with. Still - it's a great option for those pesky cysts/nodules that won't go away on their own.

MemberMember
(@sankofa1)

Posted : 07/21/2015 6:21 pm

guess I will have to get one then...gonna have to wait till Monday. overall my face Is clear except this bump n one other close to it. ill just leave it alone till then n not look at it hopefully it will be died out by then tho