Accutane

MemberMember
(@joshzerome44)

Posted : 05/31/2015 3:42 am

I am taking accutane. And im just wondering if i can wash my face in the morning with acne facial wash then use white dove in the afternoon when im taking a shower then acne facial wash before i go to sleep. And for the accutane users when did you notice that your face is getting better please someone reply or comment :)

MemberMember
(@mruglyskin)

Posted : 05/31/2015 10:13 am

I wouldn't use any anti-Acne product whilst on Accutane. My Dermatologist forbid me to use anything such as face scrubs, face washes etc whilst on it.

Accutane is your anti-Acne product. Only moisturise using a moisturiser that's alcohol free, non comedogenic. You can find plenty of suggestions here on the forum, such as my thread even as I just purchased a few for testing that have excellent reviews for acne prone skin.

Results will vary for the individual, I broke out around 3 - 4 weeks ( It got worse before it got better ) into treatment, by the end of the second month it had cleared and I took a 4 month course. By the end I was entirely clear, even though a few months later I did relapse but only to a very mild/moderate acne.

Good luck on your journey through Accutane and onto great looking skin!