Notifications
Clear all

My Experience With Sebaceuous Hyperplasia

MemberMember
(@janrickethan)

Posted : 05/18/2015 9:02 pm

There is not a ton of info about sebaceous hyperplasia out there so i'll share my experience. I started getting them about 15 years ago. I went to a cheap spa place to get facial and the woman said you have so many seb hype. I didn't even know that is. I agreed to let her get rid of them. She just burned them with electrocautery. Within a month, they all came back, as if i have never did anything. This was abroad. The next time I visit, i consulted with the derm and complained. She said these things are best done by derm. The reason why mine came back so fast was that the girl didn't scoop out the contents. So she burned my face with electrocautery then scooped out what looked like whiteheads. I only paid like $100. The result lasted about two years before it came back. This time I thought I,d try a US dematologist. I found one of those best in DC derm. He charged me $1000 to shave just a couple of my seb hype, the big one. Ughh, he left a scar that took so long t went away. And the seb hyp came back so fast! Compare this to The electrocautery whch didn't leave marks. My seb hypes seem t return every 2 years or so. next i tried laser. They laser it then again scoop. Now i see a super expensive aesthetician and she dug them out too. She charged by piece and we counted. I had more than 110 on my face!!!

Bottomline, the only way to get rid of it is to somehow make a hole on your face, either through laser, electrocautery, sharp tool, then dig out the big oil gland. If your derm knows what he's doing, there is not going to be any mark left. Without digging out the content, they come back so fast for me.

My family is cursed with this. My brothers didnt d pa thing with theirs and the seb hype can grow so big, even on eye lods. :(