Notifications
Clear all

Partially Red Nose! Please Help.

MemberMember
(@plshelpme16)

Posted : 10/21/2014 11:14 am

Hi everyone, I'm a 16 year old male, I'm new here and I'm in desperate need of help.

So for the past couple of years, my acne has really started to begin. The areas that are mainly affected are my chin and nose. (My chin is not really something that bothers me because it's only the occasional spots). My nose always has blackheads and blocked pores, I can't remember what it's like to have a clear nose let alone clear skin. So I should probably go back to when my nose troubles started...

It was about March/April of this year when two red marks appeared on my nose and me, not knowing what they were or what I was doing, decided to squeeze one which caused it to scar for about 3/4 months showing a red circle about the size of a pea on the end of my nose (you can still see it but it's light brown so it's not noticeable).

A couple of weeks ago, my nose went really sore, then went really red. I had a look online and I saw that TCP might be useful and it was a lifesaver, within the next couple of days I noticed a big difference in size and redness. But I keep getting these now. I had another one about a week ago and it went overnight, thank god, but the same thing happened to me very recently. I woke up yesterday morning and my nose was red and sore again. I've been using TCP and have noticed a small difference but I don't know, this one seems different.

I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem? And if they have any solutions?

I wash my face daily with facewash and I'm going to start using twice a day now rather than just once. My nose is really oily too.

I've got a few job interviews lined up soon and I'm afraid that it's going to affect what people think of me and it's going to make me really worried about going to work.

But yeah, my nose always has a red mark/patch and it's really knocking my confidence, I haven't seen my friends for a while because of it.

I know it was probably long winded, but thanks for reading if you did and if you can help me in any way please do.

I'll try and upload pictures soon.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/22/2014 11:47 pm

You may actually have a slight nasal allergy. Nasalcrom is mast cell inhibitor that can be used long term for this kind of thing. It does reduce nose redness. You have to use it consistently for 1-2 weeks before you will see the redness go down, it takes time for the effect to build up.

MemberMember
(@healthyalmonds)

Posted : 10/24/2014 6:11 pm

I had frequent Staph infections in my nose. They would be these bi-monthly sores in either nostril that would be painful to the touch. They took about a week to heal so long as I didn't pick the scab.

I put Triple Antibiotic Ointment in my nose as a way to kill the bacteria causing the nasal sores http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23377521 . I put it in 1-2 times a day for a month and I no longer get those infections.

Maybe your infections keep coming back because you have S. aureus residing in your nostril/s. About 20% http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9227864 of the population are persistent carriers of S. aureus and they are well known for causing multiple types of skin infections http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/boils-and-carbuncles .

Best of luck.