Notifications
Clear all

Vitamin B Complex Good Or Bad?

MemberMember
(@acnegone5)

Posted : 09/04/2014 7:56 pm

Hi all,

I have two tubs of Vitamin B Complex I purchased to use. I currently take 15mg of zinc, 150mg of magneisum and vitamin D.

I thought I'd try vitamin B complex for my energy levels and other things, I also read mixed review about it's usefulnes with acne and spots. Some say its great, others hate it and claim to get really bad acne outbreaks from it.

Just wondering what your exerpeicne is with it?

I've only taken two so far and don't couldn't tell yet if its giving me any extra outbreaks than normal, as I already have a few spots to contend with!

I read that some dermatologists recommend it to clients. Im actually seeing one in a few days so I'll ask this question then too.

thanks

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 09/05/2014 3:13 pm

I would say it's unilaterally good, unless it's made with antigenic products like wheat or soy.

MemberMember
(@acnegone5)

Posted : 09/06/2014 4:10 pm

Been to the dermatologist, he said that high doses of vitamin B or other supplements could make acne worse. However, he highly recommends a multi vitamin containing all things including zinc and magneisum.

MemberMember
(@ooo)

Posted : 09/07/2014 4:08 pm

Been taking vitamins for 2 years now --probiotics, multivitamins, vitamin d supplement, fish oil-- and it hasn't made a difference on my skin. Nonetheless, I'll still keep taking it every day, twice a day.

MemberMember
(@foreverill)

Posted : 09/08/2014 1:03 am

Last month I was taking Vitamin B-12 once a day and the first week I started breaking out horribly in cysts all around my mouth, chin, and jawline. B-12 can definitely make acne worse. I stopped taking it and the breakouts ceased immediately.