Notifications
Clear all

Cystic Acne On Chin

MemberMember
(@xipp)

Posted : 08/19/2014 8:53 pm

I have suffered with acne since I was about 10 years old; I am now 26. A few years ago I began getting cystic acne on my chin, corners of my mouth, and a few on the jawline. I was placed on birth control at a young age and used it on and off, on for the past 3 years. I have now come off birth control due to the fact that it has increased in cost and because it just didn't seem to be working anymore. I was also on antibiotics for a while and came off of those due to developing antibiotic resistant bacteria. Just recently my dermatologist recommended spiro and he also gave me the option of Accutane as well. I couldn't make a decision right then and there because I originally wanted to come off all oral prescriptions! So, (sigh) this is my current regimen:

Wash 2x/day Pan Oxyl 10%

Cetaphil Lotion

Acanya in the morning

Tazorac in the evening

Ziana when my face is too dry

And a few OTC spot treatments

I also began taking the following supplements:

Burdock Root

Liver Support

Estroblock

Omega 3

Probiotic

Multi Vitamin

Vegan Protein

I still eat some dairy and processed foods so I know I can definitely do better in that area. For a while it seemed like the burdock root and liver support were helping because I was cyst free for about two weeks, and now they are back almost once a week. I am so frustrated and desperate for a solution because I hate the pain cysts cause. I really want to stay away from oral prescriptions and recently bought a book called The Clear Skin Diet, I hope it helps me with my acne. Does anyone have any recommendation on what more I can do?

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 08/19/2014 11:17 pm

Why are you taking estroblock?

Typically hormonal treatment for acne involves blocking testosterone and increasing estrogen. Estroblock is the opposite of that.

MemberMember
(@xipp)

Posted : 08/20/2014 8:42 am

Estroblock, from what I have read, helps support healthy estrogen and rids of the bad estrogen that is said to cause hormonal cysts. It has worked for a lot of women suffering from cystic hormonal acne. It also is supposed to control testosterone levels which is why I am taking it right now. Have only been taking it for a few weeks (going on 3 weeks). I figured why not give it a shot!

MemberMember
(@krabb)

Posted : 08/20/2014 9:41 am

I have applied pure chimp super cleanser to have no acne.

Why don't you try them?

MemberMember
(@emilylu)

Posted : 08/21/2014 3:53 pm

I am on accutane, and am now in my third week. It is rough and you definitely have to commit. But I was spending countless $$$ on different lotions, creams, pills, you name it, I tried it...trying to get rid of my cystic acne all over my jawline, chin, mouth and cheeks (along with clogged pores EVERYWHERE, and the occasional whitehead.) My derm diagnosed me with treatment resistant acne and I made the decision to go on accutane. It took me a good 3-4 months to decide, since it is such an intense drug. But I figured I've been on antibiotics off and on for years, why not do accutane for 6 months and knock out my acne once and for all? Good luck with your acne. I know how much of a pain it can be, especially cystic.