Notifications
Clear all

Fewer Flakes, Or Less Irritation: Which Is Better For Acne To Heal?

MemberMember
(@qwertyuioas8)

Posted : 08/02/2014 3:41 pm

I have been cleansing with sulfur soap and then using a manual razor to get all of the flakes on my face clear before I go on to use Dan's BP and then moisturizer. Thing is, when I do this, my face is literally 100% stripped dry! but with hardly any flakes (which I notice tend to accumulate through the day anyway). Would it be better to prevent/get rid of acne to keep exfoliating and clearing my pores, or to be much more gentle and not try to exfoliate (leaving the face considerably flaky and using a moisturizer, though just AHA with no manual exfoliation doesn't seem to shed my face of flakes well)?

My main concern is that leaving the face flaky will clog pores and therefore cause more acne. is this an issue? I also have some thin, dry scaly patches on my face as well that really get flaky because I presume the skin is trying to heal, but it's just annoying to deal with. Any input is appreciated!

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/02/2014 3:53 pm

I'd try to minimize the thing that creates the flakes. LIsten to your skin- sulfur alone is too drying for daily cleanser for you. Moisture will get rid of those flakes, be it moisture from a nice oil cleanser to follow the sulfur (I like Garnier,) a few drops of an oil serum or pure oil like emu, or pure hyaluronic acid. Oily/Acne needs more moisture than other skin types.

You'll find your flakes will fall away with gentle exfoliation once your acne is hydrated.