Notifications
Clear all

Lump After Inflamed Pimple

MemberMember
(@cal86)

Posted : 07/09/2014 3:52 am

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out and ease the stress from this lump on my cheek bone!

On the June 29th before I went I slept I noticed I have a small lump under the skin and immediately thought it was going to be a large spot, it didn't hurt and as soon as I noticed it i felt it was get bigger in the short space of 30 minutes. I applied some Lush - mask of Magnaminty to help ease it, but in the morning it had grown an became a nice red colour. Over the next few weeks the redness had almost gone (a slight pinky colour remained) and it appeared to shrink a little, but never completely. Some days I felt it was bigger at certain times of day, but it would never come to a head and it wasn't painful, but it feels deep under the skin. I've applied a hot compress on it and exfoliated and cleansed my face very regular. After doing this it feels smaller and softer (probably from the hot water) but it never fully disappears.

I decided that I would try apply some apply some tea tree oil onto it using a wet cotton ball, making sure it was diluted and the initial result seemed good. The size of it seemed reduced and less prominent, but the day following I woke up feeling like it was sore and 2 days after it feels slightly larger and harder. I'm not quite sure if the tea tree oil has dried up any sebum that may have been under the skin making It feel like it is larger.

It's now been a month an one week since it appeared an I don't see it disappearing anytime soon. I saw one doctor who didn't seem to think much and made out that it could be scar tissue which definitely doesn't seem the case here after the recent changes. I have an event coming up in 2 weeks and would like it gone or somewhere near.

If any of you could give me some clues as to what it is or what I can do. I know without examination you's can't say exactly what it might be, but some ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

MemberMember
(@mrlovalova)

Posted : 07/10/2014 8:15 am

I can't really explain what it is exactly that you're experiencing, but i can tell you that i've had a few similar cases to what you're describing, thinking they would never go away, but they always did.

even when they felt hard,lumpy and not sore..i just kept exfoliating with sa and eventually they were practically non existent. it can take some time though, even a couple of months.