Notifications
Clear all

Help! How To Treat Red , Burned Skin From Products ?!?

MemberMember
(@moreanna)

Posted : 03/28/2014 1:09 pm

I got a salicylic 10% acid peel 4 days ago. My skin was red, flaking- peeling after the treatment.

3 days later I have decided that using Clarasonic to take away the flakiness is a good idea. I used the clarasonic with a problem skin cleanser. Then i used a problem skin toner (salicylic, lactic acid, witch hazel) and put some antibacterial acne medication only for a few seconds, because I saw my skin burning and stinging! I rinsed it all off, washed with gentle cleanser and put some argan oil on my face. But my face looks burned! Everywhere except around the eyes- its deep red, red patches! I noticed the flakiness has come off ha.

Before all that disaster I was just using argan oil and moisturizer with gentle cleanser, is it good idea to use argan oil?

What should I do? How should I heal the skin now? I am so afraid that this is permanent ! Please tell me it will fade off. Help!

MemberMember
(@aliceofwonderland)

Posted : 03/29/2014 11:12 am

I think it should go away, you probably just put too much peeling products, try something soothing like thermal water (Avene/la roche posay) another thing which is bit risky is try to put a little bit of milk onto a cotton pad and tap your face (the reason I wouldn't recommend it because I don't know how your face will react to it, but I have tried it after couplr of awful scrubbing experience and it was pretty nice) but first I recommend thermal water, it's a really good thing,.