Notifications
Clear all

Mild Acne And Scars Question

MemberMember
(@daniel2345)

Posted : 12/11/2013 8:58 am

Hey,

I am actually very new to this forum, it is my first time posting here.

so here is my story,

I am 17 years old, I have been getting acne one year and a half ago., at first i literally didn't notice that I am getting acne it was very very mild.

couple of months later I have started to see it while i am looking in the mirror at night.

it's important to mark that i started to get acne couple of months after I started to shave all over my face, though I don't have hair all over my face but I do shave for not making my face look weird with some hair here and there.

I don't think the actual shaving process caused my acne but the maturing action does.

then my acne become more noticeable, when i found out and became obsessed it became way more noticeable for me!

I went to dermatologist he gave me Ratin A (tretinoin) I quickly jumped on hit and started to use, at first it helped almost completely!

but as time passed it seems that its back.

so to date my regimen is cleansing in the morning with mild soap and putting moisturizer (clean & clear oil free) and the acne is on and off, though lately it has got batter. I went to dermatologist another time to check it out.

he said that I have couple of very shallow marks (shallow scars). my father didn't have acne at all (even as a teen) my mother also didn't have and don't have now. my sister get this very occasional breakout around her period (when it does breakout, not every month)

so I feel so bad about it that i am the only one with more serious acne.

I have got 2 questions:

1. will my very mild scars heal? the only place where i got one is on both sides of my cheeks, this place is way more prone to scars, every tiny pimple can scar there. I don't get any cyst, i actually don't know what it is i know that i am getting 1 pustule or papule every new cycle of acne and 2-5 whiteheads. sometimes it is bigger pustules and sometimes smaller.

I will try to post some pictures later.

2. will the regimen help me to clear my acne that left? i think my acne is due to puberty I didn't have one till one year an a half ago.

Thanks very much for reading this.

I will definitely appreciate your help! cheers.

MemberMember
(@kimsirtis)

Posted : 12/11/2013 9:19 am

Are they really scars or just hyperpigmentation? Scars can take many months to fully resolve and the extent to which they heal depends on genetic and environmental factors. If they are red marks they will probably be invisible in a years time. Even if they are indented they may fully heal but unfortunately there is no way to predict this.

Personally speaking I would stop using isotret as it can weaken the skin and make it more vulnerable to scarring.

MemberMember
(@daniel2345)

Posted : 12/11/2013 9:36 am

Are they really scars or just hyperpigmentation? Scars can take many months to fully resolve and the extent to which they heal depends on genetic and environmental factors. If they are red marks they will probably be invisible in a years time. Even if they are indented they may fully heal but unfortunately there is no way to predict this.

Personally speaking I would stop using isotret as it can weaken the skin and make it more vulnerable to scarring.

I have pale skin (european) and the scars are still red so i can't really tell if they are deep, but they're fairly new- 2 months or so. by isotret I take it as you meant tretinoin? thanks.

MemberMember
(@kimsirtis)

Posted : 12/11/2013 9:42 am

Yes that is what I meant. If I were you I would use a combination of a dairy free diet and something like benzyl peroxide. I would also steer clear of traditional acne face washes. I think most of them dry the skin out to such an extent that the skin produces more sebum to compensate. A great cycle of misery if you are a manufacturer of such lotions. I use pure baking soda (not powder) as a face wash on a wash cloth. This pure white powder also gets rid of dead skin cells by abrasion as well as cleaning it.

MemberMember
(@daniel2345)

Posted : 12/11/2013 11:22 am

Yes that is what I meant. If I were you I would use a combination of a dairy free diet and something like benzyl peroxide. I would also steer clear of traditional acne face washes. I think most of them dry the skin out to such an extent that the skin produces more sebum to compensate. A great cycle of misery if you are a manufacturer of such lotions. I use pure baking soda (not powder) as a face wash on a wash cloth. This pure white powder also gets rid of dead skin cells by abrasion as well as cleaning it.

Thank you for answering! I would like to hear more thoughts(: