Notifications
Clear all

Random Breakout On Retin A

MemberMember
(@giantfishy)

Posted : 11/18/2013 3:25 pm

Hello I'm 24 male and I have been using Retin-A Micro 0.04% for a year now. It made my skin dry and I had an initial break out in the beginning for 3 months but after that my skin stopped being dry and my acne has been under control.

But for the pass 7 days now my skin has been super dry and I have been breaking out. I'm still using Retin-A but should I be worried my acne is coming back or will this break out pass soon?

The only thing I can remember that has changed recently is that I have turned the heat on, but I have turned it off to see if it would help for now.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/18/2013 3:46 pm

i dont think its the heat , has your diet been changing ? and do you moisturizer after applying retin a ?

MemberMember
(@giantfishy)

Posted : 11/18/2013 3:55 pm

i dont think its the heat , has your diet been changing ? and do you moisturizer after applying retin a ?

My diet hasn't changed. I used to use Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15 when I was working because I was in the sun a lot. But I've quit my job and I haven't used moisturizer for 3 months without a problem until now.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/18/2013 4:03 pm

hmm cant really determine why but if you are using retin a , moistuzer is should def be used everyday after so your skin doesnt crack

MemberMember
(@niftystranger)

Posted : 12/04/2013 11:51 pm

The seasonal weather changes could be making your skin drier and more irritated. Use moisturizer to help balance your skin back out. Also, you might want to cut back to using the retin-a every other day until your skin calms down.