Notifications
Clear all

Acne Topicals And Rosacea

MemberMember
(@auslass)

Posted : 11/13/2013 1:38 pm

I have cystic acne on one cheek and my derm prescribed topical clindamycin, azithromycin tablets and a glycerin soap. She said no moisturizer, no makeup but I was allowed to use sunscreen. She did not tell me how much clindamycin to use so I'm afraid I used too much in the first days and before realizing I should only use a very thin layer. I used it in the night until morning. Around the fourth day my cheek became very red, next time I went to the derm she gave me rozex cream. Didn't even bother to tell me I developed rosacea because of the prescriptions??? I read on the internet clindamycin is very gentle but it always burned/itched my skin after applying and it's also supposed to treat rosacea?? I'm very upset, figured out what it is for today and found out rosacea is irreversible. Forget about acne, that can be taken care of but I do not want this redness all my life!

Please, is there any chance this might be just a side effect and will go away if I stop using the topicals for a few days? Any help is much appreciated.

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 11/13/2013 3:43 pm

I have rosacea- got it when i was about 17... which it usually pretty young for someone who has it. Anyways, i have really REALLY sensitive skin, very pale, and am allergic to everything under the sun. Ive been seeing a derm since i was about ermmm 14. I was given BP, retina, aczone, something else, and something else, and something else- plus meds. literally have had more experience than the rat that tested all of it. All that just never sat well with my skin. My face would go bright red- not pink when you see some hot guy- like comin out of the deps of hell red. I was using creams to get rid of the acne- but developed other issues because i have such sensitive skin and rosacea. Thats when i just went on accutane (finished 2 weeks ago) and i just use cerave face wash and no makeup and call it a day- and my face is no longer red.