Notifications
Clear all

A Bit Of A Weird Concern: Harsh Showerhead Spray?

MemberMember
(@tomwantshelp)

Posted : 08/24/2013 12:20 am

I moved into a new place and the showerhead is the type where there are thin high pressure strands of water spraying out. Should I be concerned that it might break open zits or what not?

Lol

MemberMember
(@tomwantshelp)

Posted : 08/25/2013 9:28 am

Anyone have an opinion on tuis?

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 08/25/2013 9:53 am

I used low pressure for a couple years out of a similar fear. A couple months ago I started using high pressure and my skin is no longer oily and new pimples are rare. Just dealing with old marks now. This might have been caused by something else, not the high pressure, but I'm pretty sure the shower pressure was at least a large factor.

Check this thread out:

MemberMember
(@tomwantshelp)

Posted : 08/29/2013 9:41 am

I have to say that after a week here in university dorms my skin is the best it has been in almost 2 years despite constant drinking and partying. The showerhead could be the reason but I also think the water we get is cleaner than I got back home.

im happy bout this though hah

MemberMember
(@heng129)

Posted : 08/29/2013 10:27 am

It's weird but when I was in college, i had the high pressure ones too and my acne was better than at home where I'm using a lower pressure one. Idk if that was a factor but I would definitely just swipe my face quickly across the high pressure one to wash my face since I was afraid it would irritate my skin more.

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 08/29/2013 11:55 am

at my college i literally have the same shower heads.... the pressure is what you would use to power wash the back deck! i have one solution for you that i do now. Dont wash your face in the shower... do it after you get out. I know it seems like a waste of time but it is actually better to wash it without shampoo and dirty hands. so after your shower- just go over to the sink in your robe- wash your hands- and then wash face! :D yay good luck