Notifications
Clear all

Horrible Breakout All At Once!

MemberMember
(@2muchacne2littletime)

Posted : 08/09/2013 9:35 am

I've posted about this on two other boards here, so in a nutshell---I became clear after 3 months by eating gluten free. A few weeks into enjoying crystal clear skin, small pores and no shine---I start taking B12 for energy. Fast forward 5 weeks and here I am with the worst breakout I've had in my life! It's going down now that I'm taking vitamin D3 and I stopped the B altogether. SO---my question is...I have a beach trip in exactly 6 days and don't want to be wearing makeup to the beach. The thing that sucks also is that it's a women's trip and all the ladies who are going to be there have awesome skin. Ugh :( what can I do to minimize the breakout during these 6 days? And also take away the red? It's going away, but super slowly and I can't stop picking. I need SO MUCH ADVICE! lol.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 08/09/2013 10:06 am

Do you use anything topically on your skin? What kind of cleansers/treatments do you use? If you use anything harsh like BP or some form of exfoliant (AHA/BHA) I'd say give your skin a rest for the next 6 days and allow it to heal on its own.

The only thing I can advise in that small amount of time is to eat as clean as possible, drink tons of water and keep up the supplements that are appearing to help already. Also make sure you get a good 8+ hours sleep a night, your body heals the most whilst you're sleeping.

Don't panic and start using tons of products (like we all tend to do sometimes!) and just relax. Stress will equate to further breakouts.

MemberMember
(@2muchacne2littletime)

Posted : 08/09/2013 10:23 am

Thank you for the reassurance. :) I'm using a baking soda paste at night on the juicier ones (LOL) in hopes that they'll shrink. It seems to be helping...actually I really can't tell. But it makes me feel better...like I'm being proactive. I've applied the BP just to the problem areas a couple times but it makes me really itchy so I only do it when I feel like I'm in despair about my skin (so um, once a day). I just went out and bought some kale and applss to make some green smoothies after seeing something someone posted on here. I also broke out my proactiv that I'm now putting away after reading your reply. Less is more during the healing process I suppose. I'm just so dang anxious about this trip!

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 08/09/2013 10:28 am

i really - personally- dont like taking vitamins and or suppls. This is just me, but i eat a healthy rounded diet everyday. I know many have deficiencies that throw off the body functions and one has to go to suppls and vit to fulfill that problem.

I dont even like taking a pain reliever because i feel it suppresses certain things, and makes me unable to listen to what my body is telling me.

Im no dr. or derm in anyway- but these six days go as simple as possible. Drink water and only water, and black tea (milk, sugar). for a breakfast eat fruit- i have a banana with peanut butter with a side of pineapple and or strawberries. For a lunch dont go to boxed freezer foods or ramen because they are killers with the salt and preservatives- so go with a sandwich (PBJ, or turkey, ham) or my fav make your own pizza! (bagel, italian sauce, and fresh cheese) and pop it in a toaster. i love making these because it doesn't have added things. And at dinner make sure you eat a side of veggies (carrots and dip, cooked string beans with cut almonds) and dessert.... i know its painful but dont eat ice cream the dairy is a killer + chocolate! So for dessert i just have tea and a couple pretzels.

Dont drink coffee either- just make your diet simple.

Now skincare erm like i said above -simple is better. I like CeraVe foaming cleanser- but find something with no oils, scrubs, fragrence.

Again i might just be saying a bunch a poop but this is what i do. Good luck- and dont get worked up about it :)

MemberMember
(@2muchacne2littletime)

Posted : 08/09/2013 10:51 am

Hahaha thanks Avada, you definitely lightened my mood :) I am a pretty firm believer that my diet is the main cause of my acne, which is why I'm gluten and mostly dairy free. The coffee though...I have about 2 cups a day. Do you think that could really be hindering healing? Ahhhh! If I stop drinking the coffee, I stop doing the sense making and the putting words into sentence doing. lol. But it would be worth a shot! I mostly eat lean protein, vegetables and some potatoes. I also exercise regularly so I thought maybe it was the sweat mixing with oil, etc. I think I'm like most people on this board...but times 3955837373383! Very paranoid about every little thing I do and put on my face and I always think its THIS causing it...but then wait no! It's THAT! Lol my husband gets sick of it and tells me to just go see the dr. My experience with derms = I can do a better job with my skin...for cheaper. And I don't even have to medicate and mess up my gut flora! How about that. Ok rant over. Thanks for listening, you guys are awesome.