Notifications
Clear all

Chin Acne

MemberMember
(@chin-acne69)

Posted : 07/22/2013 12:53 pm

So, I have been on the antibiotic keflex for the last year and a half. It has kept me relatively clear (my whole face is clear always except my chin) I have tried to ease off of it and hope my acne would not come back, but after a few days big red cyst come up on my chin (2 to 4 at a time).... then i get back on it and it clears it up and i will only get small ones every now and again. I have been suffering from acne since i was 18 and now im 23.(male) I have tried all different topicals. (differin, retin a , salicylic acid, benzyol peroxide, etc) also have been on multiple antibiotics.

I am tired of taking the keflex bc even with this i still a break out every 2 weeks or so just not as often and persistent if i wasnt on it... (like i said before when i come off of it my chin flares up with pimple after pimple after pimple)

I have been thinking about accutane for a while now.... Do you guys think this a good choice for me, to just whip this acne out where i dont have to wake up worrying if i have a big red pimple on my chin? I have a dermatolgist appointment august 12th, and am currently on keflex which is keeping me relatively clear... do you think my derm will wanna prescribe me the accutane or do i need to stop the keflex to show her how bad my skin will get when im not on it....!?!?

some1 help? i just wanna stop this acne ASAP so i dont have to deal with it for the rest of my life

Also 2 of my brothers and my mother have taken accutane in the past and there skin is flawless now and never have to worry about acne no matter how bad they eat or drink