Notifications
Clear all

Help For Acne Scarring?

MemberMember
(@jthom18)

Posted : 06/18/2013 3:38 pm

Hello all, I've been using this website for help for a while now and I have a few questions about my acne. I'm 14 going on 15 and have suffered from mild acne since about age 9. The past 2 years, I've been visiting my dermatologist about my acne and I've been given MANY oral and topical treatments.

My acne is starting to clear and right now I'm only using Tazorac .1% however, lately I've noticed many pockmarks or icepick scars on my cheeks. A few are deep but the others are not.

When I asked my parents about them they said that they would shrink since I'm so young. However, I'm a bit doubtful. I'm just wondering what I should ask my derm about the next time I visit. Will my scars really shrink on they're own? Or will I need surgery or other skin resurfacing?

It's really depressing since I am so young and it lowers my self confidence. Also being that I'm a guy, I cannot cover them with makeup.

MemberMember
(@myjade84)

Posted : 06/23/2013 7:34 pm

If your acne scar is dark, then you can use lemon juice to lighten up your acne scar by cleansing your face with cotton ball which is dipped on one tablespoon of lemon juice, now smoothly apply the cotton ball on acne scars, leave for 15 minutes then wash your face with cold water. Dont forget to use sun block lotion or cream when you are going on sun exposure.